How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2013, 12:34 PM

Default Re: CPTK gone in PT11

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/003Fact

BTW is it true that 003 is still supported in PT11?
Old 04-08-2013, 12:52 PM

OMG!!!

I really don't understand all this talk of "unfair" practices from Avid regarding the CPTK AND CPTK2! We had CPTK aswell and I am 10000% sure it doesn't say anywhere in the liscence agreement that "when purchasing this product you are intitled to free upgrades for life and in buying this product you have a working system for life" !!! No it doesn't and what you are talking about is a few hundred dollars for a COMPLETELY new DAW totally programmed from the bottom up with amazing features and how much does it cost to do this you think?

I have been struggling to find even 3 companies that has bent over backwards so much as Avid has with their releases and Avid is not forcing you to pay as PT10 and PT10HD actually works great now! In what business and from what company on the planet do you get "free upgrades" and only have to pay ONCE in order to stay current on all future updates? None! actually their pricing is not at all pricey for what we actually get and as someone said before in another post, Pro Tools is a Professional DAW Tool and is geared towards larger studios and production houses and a few hundred dollars every year to be able to use such a sofisticated and awesome software Is Not That Much!!!

Cheers
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 04-08-2013, 01:05 PM

Sorry there is a difference in a "few hundred dollars" and $1,000. No body is expecting it for free..At least I'm not...I would just like it to be reasonable.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
OMG!!!

I really don't understand all this talk of "unfair" practices from Avid regarding the CPTK AND CPTK2! We had CPTK aswell and I am 10000% sure it doesn't say anywhere in the liscence agreement that "when purchasing this product you are intitled to free upgrades for life and in buying this product you have a working system for life" !!! No it doesn't and what you are talking about is a few hundred dollars for a COMPLETELY new DAW totally programmed from the bottom up with amazing features and how much does it cost to do this you think?

I have been struggling to find even 3 companies that has bent over backwards so much as Avid has with their releases and Avid is not forcing you to pay as PT10 and PT10HD actually works great now! In what business and from what company on the planet do you get "free upgrades" and only have to pay ONCE in order to stay current on all future updates? None! actually their pricing is not at all pricey for what we actually get and as someone said before in another post, Pro Tools is a Professional DAW Tool and is geared towards larger studios and production houses and a few hundred dollars every year to be able to use such a sofisticated and awesome software Is Not That Much!!!

Cheers
Chris
And the strawman post of the day award goes to...
Old 04-08-2013, 01:08 PM

Quote:
OMG!!!

Cheers
Chris
Thanks for that Chris,

Can you point out where anyone is asking for a free update ?

Admittedly I haven't read the whole thread but I'm guessing you're missing the point.

I'll say it again at the risk of getting banned.

I had 2 x PTHD 10 licenses (ilok assets only without hardware) and decided to get rid of then and go Legit with 2 x PT 10 and 2 x CPTK licences.

And now I get hosed with 2 x $1000 upgrade ?

I'd be happy with the HD10 to HD11 upgrade price, more even.

It's like they couldn't get away with screwing the HD users again like they did with 9 to 10 and reckoned it's now our turn.

Can you say honestly you would have written your post if you were faced with this upgrade ?

Al
Old 04-08-2013, 01:09 PM

Default Re: PT 10 + CPTK to PT11 HD = $999. Is this correct?

With CPTK no longer for sale, are they going to sell a software only HD version instead? And if so, what will it cost? I assume they're not going to just include the CPTK features in the cheaper version.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
And the strawman post of the day award goes to...
Yes....lol
Old 04-08-2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex s View Post
Thanks for that Chris,

Can you point out where anyone is asking for a free update ?

Admittedly I haven't read the whole thread but I'm guessing you're missing the point.

I'll say it again at the risk of getting banned.

I had 2 x PTHD 10 licenses (ilok assets only without hardware) and decided to get rid of then and go Legit with 2 x PT 10 and 2 x CPTK licences.

And now I get hosed with 2 x $1000 upgrade ?

I'd be happy with the HD10 to HD11 upgrade price, more even.

It's like they couldn't get away with screwing the HD users again like they did with 9 to 10 and reckoned it's now our turn.

Can you say honestly you would have written your post if you were faced with this upgrade ?

Al
Yes!

And You still don't know what you have to pay as the official announcement is Tonight right!? And either way we have paid ALOT for 12 years too and if I sit back and think a bit I too get that Avid needs to streamline and ... Tadaaa .. Make money! You would too!

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 04-08-2013, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Yes!

And You still don't know what you have to pay as the official announcement is Tonight right!? And either way we have paid ALOT for 12 years too and if I sit back and think a bit I too get that Avid needs to streamline and ... Tadaaa .. Make money! You would too!
Righto chief !
Old 04-08-2013, 01:17 PM

Default Re: PT 10 + CPTK to PT11 HD = $999. Is this correct?

this is a real drag for those that purchased CPTK recently .. say the last 3 months .. they should not pay more than those that own HD for this upgrade .. unless Avid believes there are that many more features in HD than in CPTK ... just a thought ..

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro