Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)

Old 05-09-2010, 03:26 PM

Default "Magic ID does not match"???

All the years using PT I never got this message before.Worked all day friday on a session and come saturday morning I get this message and can not open the session or import the session data to a new session to try and rebuild it.I had to use one of the backup files to open the session.Googled it and it seems my session has gotten terminally corrupted and will never open again.WTF? I'm on PTHD 8.0cs3.Can anyone shed some light on this for me?Thanx in advance.

PS.........the corrupted session opened in 7.4 which I have on another boot drive.Seems like another 8 issue if ya ask me.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:49 AM

Default Re: "Magic ID does not match"???

I don't have any more information than you already have. I've had this happen a couple of times over the years, and each time the session has been unrecoverable. Like you, I had to use an auto-save to recover the session.

You said the session worked in 7.4 though? That's very interesting. Were you able to re-save the session in 7.4, and re-open in 8.0?
Old 05-10-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Eye Studios View Post
I don't have any more information than you already have. I've had this happen a couple of times over the years, and each time the session has been unrecoverable. Like you, I had to use an auto-save to recover the session.

You said the session worked in 7.4 though? That's very interesting. Were you able to re-save the session in 7.4, and re-open in 8.0?
I re-opened and saved using the latest backup file in 8.My 7.4 drive is missing a few of the plugs i've got installed on my 8 drive.I might open again in 7.4 and save it as a test though.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEAT View Post
I re-opened and saved using the latest backup file in 8.My 7.4 drive is missing a few of the plugs i've got installed on my 8 drive.I might open again in 7.4 and save it as a test though.
Let us know what you find out...