Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 02-14-2003, 11:08 PM

Default Other Audio Box While PT 6 is running

Because of a special project,

I need to run a seperate audio box While PT 6 is running.

this is because Apple decided to axe the sound manager and the mic input on some new g4s

in their new marketing blurbs show that they put it back in but that does not help me.

Is there any way to run ANY type of usb or firewire box or device while PT 6 is running in OSX.

For instance, I can run Logic with an Echo box and run the iMic in USB at the same time-no problems.

anyone try this?
Old 02-15-2003, 04:36 AM

Default Re: Other Audio Box While PT 6 is running

for my mac (when the damn personality card worked), It has a driver for the onboard audio and it shows up in the sound control panel.

If I chose built-in as the output and 'sound in' from the device 'built-in' as the input then I could record the output of protools into input of soundmanager or the output of of sound manager into protools.

The same thing would work with any 3rd party audio interface that offers sound manager drivers.

just choose it as you're main I/O for sound manager and make sure you've got the outputs hooked up to a pair of inputs on you're digidesign hardware so you can record it in protools.

I'd just make double sure that the device you plan on using actually has sound manager drivers before you buy it.

hope this helps.
Old 02-15-2003, 11:27 AM

Default Re: Other Audio Box While PT 6 is running

Thanks but Im talking about the problem becuse the soundmanager does not exist in OSX. And appple forced us to use usb in for system level mic input.