How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2022, 08:18 AM

Default No sound on audio track

Hey all,

I'm not sure if this is a known glitch - I've searched and couldn't find anything. I have an ongoing issue with a specific audio track not playing. The meters show audio is playing but there is no sound. This manifests itself in bounces as well. I've checked mutes, automation, routing etc. Sometimes, moving to a different timeline fixes it. Sometimes, routing the track to a different bus, then routing back works. Sometimes freezing the track works. Sometimes, duplicating the track works. I've tried deactiving the track and plug-ins. These fixes are very temporary (pressing play once) and then the problems persists.

I'm on Monterey, M1 Pro, Pro Tools Studio 2022.10.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-23-2022, 08:23 AM

Default Re: No sound on audio track

Do you have any plugins running in trial mode anywhere in the path of the routed audio?

There is very little to go off of in your explanation to diagnose the issue.
Old 11-23-2022, 08:41 AM

Did you check monitor paths in I/O? Did you try resetting I/O to default? Screenshot of the offending track mix window?
Old 11-23-2022, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
Do you have any plugins running in trial mode anywhere in the path of the routed audio?

There is very little to go off of in your explanation to diagnose the issue.
No plugins running in trial mode.
Old 11-23-2022, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsureit View Post
Did you check monitor paths in I/O? Did you try resetting I/O to default? Screenshot of the offending track mix window?
I checked output paths and nothing seemed off, but I didn't check monitor paths. I'll try resetting I/O default. I'm not at my workstation right now but can upload a screenshot in a bit. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 11-25-2022, 08:13 AM

I took off all plugins but the problem still occured.

I then set output and bus to default settings. I'm not sure if it's related, but the audio plays fine during playback now. However, it still mutes itself during off-line bounces. Real time bounce works fine.

I also have issues with VST instruments not playing. In this case, duplicating the track or making it inactive, then active again works.

Could there be a bigger issue with my system. At first, I just thought it was because PT wasn't native to Apple Silicon yet.

Thanks!