Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2012, 04:42 PM

Default Mbox 3 Pro not turning on. Dead?

My Mbox 3 pro doesn't turn on anymore. It's been like this for 2 days now and i'm pretty upset .
I registered my mbox at the avid website and i bought the mbox with one of their authorized dealers. I think it said i have 1 year manufacture warranty. Well, next month will be a year and i was wondering anyone here has had the same problem and success with avid replacing your hardware.
Does anyone have a telephone # where i can contact them with my problem. I've tried the 650 # and they never pick up!

Upgraded to Mbox 3 PRO with Pro Tools 8.0.4cs2.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:53 PM

Default Re: Mbox 3 Pro not turning on. Dead?

I would initiate this thru the dealer.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-03-2012, 06:12 PM
Avid

Post Re: Mbox 3 Pro not turning on. Dead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripsta415 View Post
My Mbox 3 pro doesn't turn on anymore. It's been like this for 2 days now and i'm pretty upset .
I registered my mbox at the avid website and i bought the mbox with one of their authorized dealers. I think it said i have 1 year manufacture warranty. Well, next month will be a year and i was wondering anyone here has had the same problem and success with avid replacing your hardware.
Does anyone have a telephone # where i can contact them with my problem. I've tried the 650 # and they never pick up!
Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Mbox 3 Pro and haven't been able to get through. Calls have picked up following the holidays, and today was the first day back after a long weekend so the wait was even longer.

Just to confirm - you are using the power adaptor with the Mbox 3 Pro, correct?

If it won't power up, please call first thing in the morning (if possible), and press 3 for Repairs (an Avid Support Code is not required for RMA calls).

Thanks.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Mbox 3 Pro and haven't been able to get through. Calls have picked up following the holidays, and today was the first day back after a long weekend so the wait was even longer.

Just to confirm - you are using the power adaptor with the Mbox 3 Pro, correct?

If it won't power up, please call first thing in the morning (if possible), and press 3 for Repairs (an Avid Support Code is not required for RMA calls).

Thanks.
Yes. I am using the power adaptor. The light is green when connected. No problems until a few days ago with the hardware. i will call now. hopefully this will get solved.

update: i've been on the line for 1 hour and 3 minutes. so far i have spoken to 2 operators and they keep telling me to press 3 for repairs and i keep telling them that i have press 3 and this is where i was sent. When pressing 3 for repairs it gives me another 3 options (#1 for tech support/trouble shooting #2 repairs for eleven rack, digi rack, mbox etc #3 repairs for HD products) so i press 3 for repairs and 2 for repairs for mbox. i'm trying again pressing 3 for repairs and 2 for mbox repairs. hopefully they don't tell me i have to press 3 for repairs!

another update: so after being on the line for an additional 30 mins for some reason i am getting sent to the registration department even though i am pressing 3 for repairs!!! I explained to the guy that i have been waiting for over an hour and i keep getting sent to registration even though i am pressing 3 for repairs. He tells me to hold on and after a minute of holding he transfers me to the same automated system!!! someone needs to fix the phone lines and i still need help for my problem. i found out i registered my mbox 3 pro January 25th.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:49 PM

Mine had volume calibration problems, I returned it for a Liquid Saffire 56 with Studio One 2.0

Good riddance Avid!!

Old 01-15-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripsta415 View Post
Yes. I am using the power adaptor. The light is green when connected. No problems until a few days ago with the hardware. i will call now. hopefully this will get solved.

update: i've been on the line for 1 hour and 3 minutes. so far i have spoken to 2 operators and they keep telling me to press 3 for repairs and i keep telling them that i have press 3 and this is where i was sent. When pressing 3 for repairs it gives me another 3 options (#1 for tech support/trouble shooting #2 repairs for eleven rack, digi rack, mbox etc #3 repairs for HD products) so i press 3 for repairs and 2 for repairs for mbox. i'm trying again pressing 3 for repairs and 2 for mbox repairs. hopefully they don't tell me i have to press 3 for repairs!

another update: so after being on the line for an additional 30 mins for some reason i am getting sent to the registration department even though i am pressing 3 for repairs!!! I explained to the guy that i have been waiting for over an hour and i keep getting sent to registration even though i am pressing 3 for repairs. He tells me to hold on and after a minute of holding he transfers me to the same automated system!!! someone needs to fix the phone lines and i still need help for my problem. i found out i registered my mbox 3 pro January 25th.
This is the problem with corporate 'restructuring' supposedly in the interest of better efficiency. Less staff = more profit...at least in the short term. Long term, that's a different story. Avid aren't immune to the modern trends derived from 'consultant speak'.

Good luck in getting it sorted.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 01-16-2012, 10:36 PM

I am sooo glad I didn't get another mbox (even though the mbox2 pro I had worked like a dream - FireWire I guess) - man everyone seems to have the same problems - I was real tempted though b/c of the new a/d - good luck guy

I should charge Tapatalk 2 pennies every time this message comes up !!!
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:20 PM

Well, everything got sorted out after a little over a month. They weren't able to fix my Mbox 3 Pro, but they ended up replacing it with a refurbished one. I tested it and it works fine. I just hope i don't have any problems with it again in the future.

So I was emailing a rep who was helpful through out the process. Gawd their phone lines are awful. I rather deal with them through email.

Just thought i'd update this thread.