Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2002, 06:57 PM

Default plug ins, cpu consumption and manufacturer

I would like to explore some plugins beyond the suite shipped with PTLE. Looking for reverb/eq/compressor/limiter etc. It is confusing figuring out which ones work with win98/ptle and software ain't returnable.

what does anyone recommend?

and how does cpu consumption compare to the 001 suite? I don't want to get the dreaded -9138 error.
Old 02-13-2002, 07:41 PM

Default Re: plug ins, cpu consumption and manufacturer

Hey Mike,
Check out the 14 day demo at www.waves.com It is a pro quality suite of plugins that run on PTLE.
Have fun with them.
Allen [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2002, 11:27 PM

Waves is the best. If you could afford the "Waves Native Gold" package you would be set up very nice! The quality of the effects are top notch and you also get tools to master your music with.... I can't say enough about Waves Gold. Great stuff!!!
Old 02-14-2002, 09:01 AM

I am currently in the market for a digi 001 (as soon as winXP version comes out), and I was wondering about the quality of the effects as well in these bundles. I was actually considering getting a lexicon mx(?m-something)500, but the guy at Guitar center told me that the effects with the 001, especially if I get the waves bundle, are way better. To anyone who knows, how does the effects on these bundles (factory/waves bundle, etc) compare to a really nice effects processor? Are they like eventide or tc electronics quality? Should I forget altogether getting an outboard processor and just go with plug ins? I already have an old ART SGX T2 Nitro which I totally love for guitar. Also, I read the names of the effects on the waves bundle, but I don't know what most of them do. DOes the waves bundle, when combined with the already included plugins with the 001, pretty much cover the effects spectrum, with everything that I would want (I dont need distortion effects). Thanks a ton guys- you guys are so much help to new-comers-to-be like me.
Old 02-14-2002, 09:06 AM

I just wish I could afford some plugins. I really want vocalign and a nice flanger and phaser. Poor me! I just bought my first really decent mic so I won't be getting any!! NO plugins for me! man this sucks! LOL!
Old 02-15-2002, 12:13 AM

Just speaking from experience, when it comes to plug-in reverb vs. outboard, I've always gone outboard. Main reason being that reverb plug-ins use A LOT of processor power, and you're left with no power to do other things. And I've just found it easier to get good sounds using a nice outboard box as opposed to a plug in when it comes to reverb, and save the plug in stuff for other less processor intensive things, the Waves Ren EQ, Ren Comp, and L1 defintately are some great plugs to check out.

Mike
Old 02-15-2002, 02:54 PM

The guy at the store I deal with says there are not any plugins for ptle5.0.1 win98 digi001, I should have gone with a Mac.

This seems contrary to what has been posted on this site.

If you are configured as above and have any suite that works I would really appreciate a reply.

btw, I downloaded the 14day deal in this chain and installed. But...duhhhh...I can't figure out how to get them working with ptle. any help here?

I have posted a lot of questions and every reply has been helpful...I want to say thanks if you have ever helped me!