Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2016, 12:03 PM

Default Re: plugins change track to Stereo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayOliver View Post
Hi all, maybe a dumb noob question but here it is..\

when I set up a mono track (say a mono instrument to use a virtual piano, or a mono audio track for vocals) and add a plugin listed as 'mono/stereo' the plugin changes the track to stereo.
The mono/stereo means taking a mono signal and putting it into a stereo plugin which converts the output of the mono track to stereo. If you want to maintain a mono track select a plugin that is mono.

If you want to split the signal so the instrument is L and the effect is R then use a mono aux track and buss from the instrument track to the aux and pan each hard.
Old 08-31-2016, 12:23 AM

Default Re: plugins change track to Stereo

You can pan in middle if you change the pan law. Go into pan law in sessions and change the db to a higher negative number. It defaults to a lower negative number like -2db or -3db but change that to -6db or whatever it is. This is really useful when you want to crazy with the panning. You have to realize that all your delays, reverbs etc that come from the plugin will end up in mono. You would have to use a send going to an aux channel to maintain stereo fx. Add a stereo aux channel
Apogee Mini-Me firewire.