Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2011, 12:50 PM

Default Playback of audio through computer speakers/headphones

I have te full PT9. I also have an Mbox mini and TonePort UX8. as it currently stands, I cannot use protools unless there is some hardware plugged into it (mbox or toneport). I'd like to fix that, if possible. However, the bigger problem I have is I cannot seem to set audio playback through my computer's sound card or headphone jack. The only way I can hear playback is through headphones plugged into the headphone jack or speaker out of the interface I'm using. While this idn't a deal killer, it is severely limiting how many people/things I can simulaneously playback from at the same time.

I know there has to be a way around this. When we used the program on my singer's computer (mac), he is able to use the program without any interface hooked, up, and he can play sound back through his computer's speakers/headphone jack. He says you have to assign the onboard card to one of the channels, but I can't seem to find out how to do that.

Help!
Old 05-19-2011, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Playback of audio through computer speakers/headphones

You'd have to use your onboard audio card for an interface using a driver like ASIO4ALL which is a free download if you want to hear ProTools through your computer's speakers.

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (3)
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB