Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 07-14-2021, 03:28 PM

Default activating ilok license manager via proxy

hi all,

trying to login to "ilok license manager" and im going through a proxy as this machine hasnt got internet

i get a "internet connection unavailable" but i dont know why as i have enabled the below url and port enabled on my proxy

activation.paceap.com
port 443

are there any other urls i need to enable or whitelist on my proxy?

thanks,
rob
Old 07-14-2021, 05:47 PM

Default Re: activating ilok license manager via proxy

Welcome to the community ...

Install the latest iLok License Manager:
https://www.ilok.com/?#!license-manager

https://www.ilok.com/#!resource/windows_troubleshooting

Windows:

Symptom: When you run the iLok License Manager, it reports "Server unavailable"

Cause 3: Proxy Server issue
Fix: To verify if your instance of the Server Unavailable message is due to unnecessary proxy settings, run the diagnostic tool called "LicenseSupportDiagnostic.exe" that is included with the License Support installer.
If you don't have the installer on your computer, download and unzip the License Support installer from the iLok License Manager page. You don't need to run the installer, just look inside the "Troubleshooting" folder for the "LicenseSupportDiagnostic.exe" tool. Run this application as administrator by right-clicking the file and choosing "Run as administrator" and look at the result of the first of the three tests it completes.
If the first test (Checking for proxy settings...) displays a message indicating "A proxy server is used by the PACE License Service", then an Internet proxy issue is the cause of the "Server Unavailable" message.
To resolve this Internet proxy issue, please follow the steps below. A Microsoft tool called "PsTools" will be required and available from them from the following link:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb897553.aspx
1. Unzip the contents of the 'pstools.zip' file to a temporary folder. For simplicity, we recommend working with a temporary folder (i.e. c:\TEMP)
2. Open and run a command prompt as administrator. For information on how to do this, perform an internet search for the terms "how to open command prompt with administrator privileges".
3. Enter the following and then hit the Enter key:
cd \temp
4. Enter the following and then hit the Enter key. This will start Windows Internet Explorer:
psexec -i -s "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
5. From Internet Explorer's menu choose "Tools > Internet" options
6. Choose the "Connections" tab and click the "LAN settings" button
7. Proceed with either one of the three scenarios below depending on what the "Local Area Network (LAN) Settings" window currently displays:
A. If your machine has to connect to a proxy server to have internet access, make sure the proxy server is configured correctly in the proxy configuration panel here. You then close the proxy configuration panel by selecting "OK" button to make the configuration effective.
B. If your machine accesses the internet without a proxy server and the check box named "Use a proxy server for your LAN" is checked, then un-check the box and the other three check boxes of the configuration panel. You then close the proxy configuration panel by selecting "OK" button.
C. If your machine accesses the internet without a proxy server and the check box named "Use a proxy server for your LAN" is not checked, but the text box named "Address:" is not empty, then follow these steps:
i. Check the check box named "Use a proxy server for your LAN".
ii. Remove content in the box named "Address:".
iii. Close the proxy configuration panel by select "OK" button.
iv. Open the proxy configuration panel again by select "LAN settings" button.
v. Un-check all the check boxes of the configuration panel.
vi. Close the proxy configuration panel by selecting "OK" button.

Mac:

https://www.ilok.com/#!faq

Why do I keep receiving a "Server Unavailable" or "Internet Connection Unavailable" message?

On a Macintosh machine, please submit a support ticket.

If you are just trying to activate a license to an iLok, please note that you may be able to use another system to do the license activation. However, you may want to eventually resolve the issue on this system.

Last edited by unkJE; 07-14-2021 at 06:11 PM. Reason: added Mac Troubleshooting
Old 07-15-2021, 08:48 AM

thanks unkJE, its a mac so looks like i need to submit a ticket
Old 07-15-2021, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertkwild View Post
thanks unkJE, its a mac so looks like i need to submit a ticket
Get a free ASC Code/Number from your Avid account:
Login to your Avid Master Account
Under “My Support Center” click on:
“Access the Support Center (Portal)”
This takes you to: https://na49.salesforce.com/500/o

Under “Select Case Record Type” click on the drop-down Menu and select “Audio” (if your problem is not “Video”)

In the 1st box, add a short description of your problem
In the 2nd box, select “Artist Suite – DAW”
In the 3rd box, select “Pro Tools” or “Pro Tools Ultimate” - or whichever choice applies to you
In the 4th box, select “Pro Tools | Software”
In the 5th box, select your Pro Tools version

Click on “Submit My Question”

You’ll be provided with a Case Number

“Post Reply” to your DUC Thread, include your Case Number to help Mods or Higher escalate your Case

If you need to provide your System ID
Your Publisher License ID is your System ID
On the upper portion of iLok License Manager, click View > Columns > Publisher License ID or Right-click on any blank gray space between tabs

https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=416180
Old 07-15-2021, 10:03 AM

It would be so much easier to install iLok License Manager on any computer that has Internet access – do your Authorizations there - then right-click on your iLok in the LH column of ILM and select “Synchronize” (wait a short time for this process to finish) – then logout of ILM and shut down computer. Remove iLok.

Connect “updated” iLok to your Mac

Launch Pro Tools

With a bit of luck, some-one may be able to provide an answer to your question:

Quote:
... i get a "internet connection unavailable" but i dont know why as i have enabled the below url and port enabled on my proxy

activation.paceap.com
port 443

are there any other urls i need to enable or whitelist on my proxy?...
Good luck!
Old 07-16-2021, 12:18 AM

in the end I got it working, I needed to add the url "activation.paceap.com" to the whitelist websites and also to the no ssl interception as i think it was not downloading the ssl cert for it
Old 07-16-2021, 01:33 AM

Quote:
in the end I got it working, I needed to add the url "activation.paceap.com" to the whitelist websites and also to the no ssl interception as i think it was not downloading the ssl cert for it

Thanks for posting your fix!

Others may benefit from your Thread in future ....
Old 02-08-2022, 10:12 AM

Well, this has become an issue for me out the blue. Over the weekend I wanted to update a couple of my iLok licenses for a couple of my subscriptions (ie East-West Composer Cloud) and got the "iLok server unavailable" notice. Oddly, iLok isn't presenting any issues for me using PT or other licensed products. I just can't update anything new.

So, going through the iLok webpage suggestions, I was able to eliminate that the issue wasn't my internet connection...which is functioning excellently, so I went through the steps that John posted above (taken from the iLok troubleshooting webpage). Here's the problem: I don't have Internet Explorer on my studio PC. So going through those steps to access it did me no good as its not there for me to access.

So, if the issue does have something to do with the proxy server, I can't fix it through using IE because its not there. So NOW WHAT????

I need to fix this so I can update and use my software for a project I'm working on. I can't find any other fixes that don't involve the IE. So what do I do?

Old 02-08-2022, 03:01 PM

Hi Donald

http://www.soundsonline-forums.com/s...poserCloud.pdf
“PLEASE NOTE! The option to activate the ComposerCloud on an iLok Key is available, but is not required.”

If you have access to another computer that has Internet Explorer,
download and install the latest iLok License Manager on it.
https://www.ilok.com/#!license-manager
Do your required authorizing on this computer, then Synchronize your iLok.

I don’t have any EastWest or knowledge thereof, but I saw this -
register the activation code on an online computer:
https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare...-subscriptions
If you own a monthly or yearly ComposerCloud subscription, you need to register the activation code on the EastWest website. For more information, check out the EastWest Support Center page.
1. Go to the EastWest registration page.
2. Log into your EastWest account.
3. Copy and paste the activation code and then click Register.

Last edited by unkJE; 02-08-2022 at 03:33 PM. Reason: more info
Old 02-09-2022, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post
Hi Donald

http://www.soundsonline-forums.com/s...poserCloud.pdf
“PLEASE NOTE! The option to activate the ComposerCloud on an iLok Key is available, but is not required.”

If you have access to another computer that has Internet Explorer,
download and install the latest iLok License Manager on it.
https://www.ilok.com/#!license-manager
Do your required authorizing on this computer, then Synchronize your iLok.

I don’t have any EastWest or knowledge thereof, but I saw this -
register the activation code on an online computer:
https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare...-subscriptions
If you own a monthly or yearly ComposerCloud subscription, you need to register the activation code on the EastWest website. For more information, check out the EastWest Support Center page.
1. Go to the EastWest registration page.
2. Log into your EastWest account.
3. Copy and paste the activation code and then click Register.

Thanks for the tips, John. To be honest, since this happened, I have had very limited time to look into it further, so this helps a lot. Appreciate it!