Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2010, 01:30 AM

Talking Its time to throw the SUGGESTION BOX in Avid's face.

...cause they might not be paying attention.

Please, I understand that many requests for desires and expectations have been put in to this forum, but please put your most wanted requests in this thread. Let us consolidate our wants....

To make it easy for them to see.

HD, LE, and M-Powered
Pro Tools should be consolidated into one DAW without out any hardware leash.

This three marketing division tactic was great for the 2000's, but for the 2010's I feel PT must considerate all efforts into one Pro Tool power, and make it deserve the title 'industry standard'.

Make the professionals remember why they use PT, and future users to see why it is the industry standard.
More and more engineer's are playing with other DAW's because the absence of features that we've be screaming for, for too long.

You know what they are Avid.....right? I mean some company's actually read their forums

64 bit support(8.0.4) is a great start...great start...too long in the coming for my taste. But how about 64 bit architecture?? The work-arounds are unnecessary and unfair IMHO. The RAM is right in our face and your denying us it.

Real time midi to audio printing is a thing of the past!...one example.

If your working on these things....awesome. Keep up the good work...if not...please take this advice from a loyal user who really appreciates your software...

Listen to the people on this forum, we do know what we want. And would appreciate the hassle of not turning to other DAWs, for something that is the norm in DAW's now a days.

Any one who comes here for assistance/help/troubleshooting see's the solution of Reaper and other solutions without a doubt.

Time to look to the future AVID. I have a feeling you are, but all I can say is...

The secret to perpetual success is SATISFYING YOUR CUSTOMERS. NOT DENYING US WHAT COMPETITORS ARE HANDING OUT ON PLATTERS. ON PLATTERS!
Old 07-11-2010, 02:31 AM

Default Re: Its time to throw the SUGGESTION BOX in Avid's face.

Could not agree more!

1. I would like to be able to bounce to MP3 withouth having to delete my windows user account and create a new one. It is now safer for me to bounce to wav, because the MP3 option is like playing the lottery.

2. Freeze tracks, to save cpu/ram

3. Full 64 bit support, 3.25GB ram is so 2007

4. And why not ADC........ why not.

These are my spontaneous whishes for a better PT
IS Pro Double 6" Speakers, www.intelligentsound.se/