Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2002, 12:12 AM

Default Anyone familiar with IQ eq?

Hi, I was wondering if any of you nice people were familiar with the old IQ eq plugin. I think it's supposed to automaticaly reproduce the eq curve of any recording you feed into it.
Thanks in advance for your responses.
Tex
Old 01-15-2002, 01:21 AM

Default Re: Anyone familiar with IQ eq?

Hi Tex,

Yes, I own that plug-in. Although it's supposed to be miraculous, according to its programmers, I've always found the audio quality less than stellar. The sound you get out of it is, IMHO, "phasey" and hollow. Great idea, not so impressive results. Note that this same technology has given birth to Mic Mod, a hugely successful but equally disappointing plug-in, again IMHO of course.

Didier
Old 01-15-2002, 02:49 AM

Default Re: Anyone familiar with IQ eq?

I use it in forensic work where it's very powerful. You can change, tweak, edit the curves that it makes for you to a large degree. Uses infinite inpulse response filters so can generate VERY steep cuts/boosts so needs to be used carefully to avoid the kinds of effects that the guy above finds.

Important to match input levels for source and target.

Only runs with legacy DSP farm - can't use a mix chip.

I love it - wish it were still available.