Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2005, 08:32 AM

Default Non Administrator accounts for PT using XP

I came across a paper in the Digidesign Tech Support site indicating that it is possible to run PT in a non-admin user account. This is in contrast to other documents in the answerbase that indicate it is not.

http://akwww.digidesign.com/support/...dmin_Guide.pdf

However, this paper also indicates that the PT installer should set all this up for you which PT 6.4 certainly did not do for me.

Does anybody know anything about this? Is this paper documentation for some future version of PT? Is this feature in 6.7? Is it possible to get this to work in 6.4?

I haven't yet had time to try and do all this stuff manually, but it will be an interesting experiment. I was able to tweak the disk permissions enough to get PT to run, but I never could get by the "Not an valid audio volume" error when trying to do anything in a non-admin account.

The registry permissions mentioned in the link above prob account for PT constantly asking me for my authorization code while running in a non-admin account. But is this SeIncreaseBasePriorityPrivilege all that is needed to get by the "non-valid audio volume" error?

Any help appreciated,
Old 01-12-2005, 08:37 AM

Default Re: Non Administrator accounts for PT using XP

Quote:
Is this feature in 6.7?
Yes. It was introduced with 6.7.