Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 05-06-2013, 07:43 AM

Default No Plug-ins Showing Up

I have seen a few similar problems posted like this, however, there are either no solutions listed or I tried what was written and it didn't help. So, here's the deal:

I cross / upgraded from PTMpower 7.1.4 to PT's 10.3.5. In order to make that work, prior to doing the Pt's change, I installed Snow Leopard (OSX 10.6). Then I installed the 10.6.8 combo.

I got the crossgrade code from the authorization card and proceeded with the PT10 download (i.e. no CD). I downloaded the PT 10+11 bundle and the Virtual instruments pkg.

I then installed the necessary software to hook up the Liquid Saffire 56

I installed PT 10.3.5 and then the virtual instruments pkg. Now, the first time I opened PT's I had not yet downloaded the license from iLok, so the first time I tried to open ProTools, I got a message telling me to go download the license. So I went and did that.

I then restarted the computer and opened PT's. Everything seemed to work fine. I made a few adjustments in order to get the Liquid Saffire and PTs to function. No problems there.

So we have audio in, audio out everything's peachy. It was then that I noticed that there was not one single plug-in available in the session. Nothing in the inserts and Audiosuite tab says "None".

I close out PT's and open up the plugins folder (Library>Application Support>Avid>Plugins & Library>Application Support>Digidesign>Plugins). They are all there.

I did three clean uninstalls and re-installs. Same problem.

I did a clean uninstall AND went in and trashed the necessary prefs and databases AND verified and repaired disk permissions then reinstalled = SAME PROBLEM.

Everything else works fine. Sessions play. Audio goes in - Audio gets played back. Just no freaking plugins.

I downloaded free plugins from Massey (which I had done successfully with the M-powered version) and installed those. Of course = Nothing. They don't show up either.

One other item of note is that when I open PT's and it loads, while it does say "Loading Plug-ins" it doesn't show the names of any plugins and just races by that part and goes to "Loading DAE".

If there is anybody that has actually had a successful method of fixing this, please help me out. I will also be contacting AVID, but we know how that goes and I wanted to make sure that I had thrown it to the community also.

Thanks!
P.S. - It is an Intel Mac Pro tower.

Mac Pro 1.1 2008 - 2.0 GHz Dual core, 9 GB Ram, OS X - 10.6.8
PT 10.3.5, Liquid Saffire 56
iLok 1
Old 05-06-2013, 11:58 AM

Default Re: No Plug-ins Showing Up

Nothing, huh?

iLok 1
Old 05-07-2013, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernxxx View Post
Nothing, huh?
It was only 4 hours between your posts so give it time.

I see two possible problems. Your computer while listed in the qualified Apple computers on this page: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...pple-Computers
also has this caveat: "* Harpertown, Clovertown and Woodcrest models not explicitly tested with Pro Tools 10.3 or Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) --use the info from the HD page about performance issues. "
and your is a Woodcrest.

Second problem - your sig file shows an iLok1 and PT10 wants to see an iLok2. Now some people have had limited success with an iLok1 but you'd be better off getting an iLok2 because you'll need it if you wan to go to PT11.

QAPLA!
Old 05-08-2013, 06:38 AM

Thanks, Jack.

I had wondered about the iLok as I went through my troubleshooting list. All the reading I had done said that the iLok 1 was accepted, so I didn't make the change, but I am beginning to think that might be a contributing factor.

Sorry for my impatience in that secondary post.

Thanks again!

iLok 1
Old 05-08-2013, 07:17 AM

iLok 1 works OK with PT10 here.

Mac Mini i7 Quad 2.0 16Gb RAM OS 10.7 and PT 10.3.2
Old 05-15-2013, 07:23 AM

I'm using PT10 with Ilok 1 as well, no problems here either.

Here's where the issue was discussed already some time ago:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t...hlight=plug-in

Bad news first: there is no easy fix nor a confirmed sure fix.

Maybe one of the possible solutions will work for you.

Good Luck!