Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2010, 10:33 AM

Default Anyone have this Maschine and Pro Tools 8 LE Glitch

I am trying to run NI Maschine with Pro Tools 8. Whenever a sequence loops, it misses notes and only plays when it wants too. It's very erratic. This is my first NI product. I've done all of my recording in PT with live instruments up to this point. Now I'm reading that NI VI's dont get along with pro tools. Is this true?

Basically i have to rebuild a drum track. The original sample was something like 108.901bpm, so i figured that was the problem. I stretched the sample to an even 108bpm but it turned out that the tempo wasn't the culprit because it's still not working! There is nothing in the session other than a click track, master fader, maschine VI and kontakt VI. I havent even tried the kontakt VI in PT yet either but i assume it will cause problems. Maschine works fine on its own but in Pro Tools it's a disaster. Does everyone work in maschine separately and then dump midi/audio into pro tools? that seems like a major hassle for my main DAW. I've gone through the steps in the NI Optimization thread to no avail. I'm not running out of resources or anything, since im just working with Maschine. It just wont play the audio back properly

I'm Running PT LE 8.03 with the latest Maschine software on the first run of intel mac's. w/ 1.5 gB/ram 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM. 2 gHz Intel Core Duo processor. OS X.5.8 Leopard
Old 06-18-2010, 12:27 PM

Default Re: Anyone have this Maschine and Pro Tools 8 LE Glitch

My setup is ok, I don't use it much but never had that issue.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:19 AM

Smile Re: Anyone have this Maschine and Pro Tools 8 LE Glitch

Yes!
I have an identical setup to what you have described, and I am having the same problem!
I've worked with quite a bit of NI stuff - It's great software, but I have found it to be temperamental with Pro Tools. A friend of my'n suggested I do all my soft synth stuff within Logic, but if i can keep it all within Tools, I would rather that.
Have you been able to diagnose the problemo?
Old 07-17-2010, 12:30 PM

This is EXACTLY what I posted about in THIS THREAD

People thought I was crazy. This happens in any version of PT 8.0.3 and above. I have since downgraded to 8.0.1

A shame too because MANY problems were fixed in 8.0.4
Pro-Tools 12
2.5GHz i7 Quad Core
Old 11-05-2012, 07:41 AM

My work around for this issue is to set the Host Processor to 1 in the Playback Engine section. I encountered this issue just last night, when I loaded Maschine as an RTAS plug-in in Pro Tools 8 LE, and soon after encountered serious playback issues. Setting the Host Processor to 1 helped and its now working just fine.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:00 PM

I also adjusted the CPU Usage Limit to 75% as opposed to 85% or 90% and this immediately helped out as well. So at least on my system adjusting the RTAS Processor to 1, H/W Buffer Size to 1024 Samples and CPU Usage Limit to 75% or so has helped out A LOT!!! This is the best performance I have ever gotten out of Maschine since using it as a plug-in in Pro Tools.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue lava View Post
I also adjusted the CPU Usage Limit to 75% as opposed to 85% or 90% and this immediately helped out as well. So at least on my system adjusting the RTAS Processor to 1, H/W Buffer Size to 1024 Samples and CPU Usage Limit to 75% or so has helped out A LOT!!! This is the best performance I have ever gotten out of Maschine since using it as a plug-in in Pro Tools.
another thing you should try is to run maschine as a VST or AU plugin inside pro tools by using vienna ensemble pro. this drastically decreases the use of cpu power maschine uses. If as RTAS it may use 40% it will be 4% as AU or VST. Same is true for kontakt. I guess almost everybody who is working with NI or other VI inside pro tools is using VEpro. It works miracles.