Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 08-06-2015, 06:40 PM

Default Eucon 3.3 and again, the lack of requested features.

I installed 3.3 and halfway expected the linear knob option to finally be here, and I am saddened, although not surprised that it is not.

But retina icons were fixed, thank god for that!

We had what I thought was an active discussion 4 months ago about very highly requested features, and it seemed like the management was listening.

I am sure the iPad app support is a big deal requiring a lot of effort, but I hope what we have been asking for is finally going to show up.

Edit: By the way, the shift+fader touch 0 db bug is NOT fixed. It is very much hit or miss now.

Last edited by jeffro; 08-18-2015 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Moved the "Shift+Touch" posts to that thread. http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=365695
Old 08-10-2015, 07:20 PM
Avid

Default Re: Eucon 3.3 and again, the lack of requested features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertg View Post
I installed 3.3 and halfway expected the linear knob option to finally be here, and I am saddened, although not surprised that it is not.

But retina icons were fixed, thank god for that!

We had what I thought was an active discussion 4 months ago about very highly requested features, and it seemed like the management was listening.

I am sure the iPad app support is a big deal requiring a lot of effort, but I hope what we have been asking for is finally going to show up.

Edit: By the way, the shift+fader touch 0 db bug is NOT fixed. It is very much hit or miss now.
Product management is listening. We have one team that we allocate to each EUCON release, and we have been fast and furious with product development over the past 6 months. We are getting close to the part of the backlog that digs into Ideascale and forum feature requests.

I understand your frustration with shift + touch. We're on it.

JC
Old 08-10-2015, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist PM View Post
Product management is listening. We have one team that we allocate to each EUCON release, and we have been fast and furious with product development over the past 6 months. We are getting close to the part of the backlog that digs into Ideascale and forum feature requests.

I understand your frustration with shift + touch. We're on it.

JC
I have a suggestion, hopefully you will take it under advisement.

About a year or so ago Steven Slate was under fire by his users because his VCC plugin didn't work under AAX.

According to the newsletters, he stopped all product development and put all of his company's resources into work on VCC 2.0. That's admirable to say the least.

I bet if you did the same, Eucon would be absolutely awesome and finally live up to its potential.

People have been waiting 5 years for some of these improvements.
Old 08-11-2015, 08:01 AM
Avid

Quote:
I have a suggestion, hopefully you will take it under advisement.

About a year or so ago Steven Slate was under fire by his users because his VCC plugin didn't work under AAX.

According to the newsletters, he stopped all product development and put all of his company's resources into work on VCC 2.0. That's admirable to say the least.

I bet if you did the same, Eucon would be absolutely awesome and finally live up to its potential.

People have been waiting 5 years for some of these improvements.
Robertg, I appreciate your sage input here, and acknowledge that small companies with a limited portfolio can move quickly to allocate resources to specific projects.

It would be great if there were some acknowledgement of the strides we have made to improve EUCON in the past 18 months or so since S6 and S3L were released. Up until that time, all hands were on deck to launch these products which are part of a larger, publicly traded company's long term strategy.

We haven't fixed everything - yet - but we are getting fixes out along with features (VCA spill for S3, Pro Tools | Control) in the best cadence, and with the best balance between corporate strategy and customer input that we can achieve at the moment.

You'll keep seeing fixes and features.

JC
Old 08-11-2015, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Robertg, I appreciate your sage input here, and acknowledge that small companies with a limited portfolio can move quickly to allocate resources to specific projects.

It would be great if there were some acknowledgement of the strides we have made to improve EUCON in the past 18 months or so since S6 and S3L were released. Up until that time, all hands were on deck to launch these products which are part of a larger, publicly traded company's long term strategy.

We haven't fixed everything - yet - but we are getting fixes out along with features (VCA spill for S3, Pro Tools | Control) in the best cadence, and with the best balance between corporate strategy and customer input that we can achieve at the moment.

JC
Sage input huh. Well, if you are looking for praise, the efforts have definitely improved as of late, but the progress is still too slow and the updates too infrequent.

It's obvious that the priorities here are of new product development because that is what helps the bottom line the most. New products = more profits, more edge against the competition. That is to be expected.

The priorities to improve Eucon are secondary, i don't think anyone can deny that.

You don't really have competition here, because there is no other protocol with as much deep integration into the DAW as Eucon, you've said that yourself. So once the sale is made, the incentive to aggressively improve the software just isn't there.

I am hopeful that these fixes and features which have been requested for many, many years all manifest themselves within 12 months. That's my hope..
Old 08-11-2015, 01:16 PM
Avid

Quote:
Sage input huh. Well, if you are looking for praise, the efforts have definitely improved as of late, but the progress is still too slow and the updates too infrequent.

It's obvious that the priorities here are of new product development because that is what helps the bottom line the most. New products = more profits, more edge against the competition. That is to be expected.

The priorities to improve Eucon are secondary, i don't think anyone can deny that.

You don't really have competition here, because there is no other protocol with as much deep integration into the DAW as Eucon, you've said that yourself. So once the sale is made, the incentive to aggressively improve the software just isn't there.

I am hopeful that these fixes and features which have been requested for many, many years all manifest themselves within 12 months. That's my hope..
I can tell you that the team of people I work with are insanely dedicated to fulfilling that hope.

JC
Old 08-11-2015, 01:21 PM

Quote:
I can tell you that the team of people I work with are insanely dedicated to fulfilling that hope.

JC
Further on the subject of praise, I will tell you that Avid support went above and beyond to find me a silver faceplate mix replacement to match my other units some time ago. That type of extra mile service is something that I won't forget..
Old 08-11-2015, 01:51 PM
Avid

Quote:
Further on the subject of praise, I will tell you that Avid support went above and beyond to find me a silver faceplate mix replacement to match my other units some time ago. That type of extra mile service is something that I won't forget..
We appreciate that. Being that you had a silver faceplate mix, you've been with EUCON a long time. We appreciate that as well.

JC
Old 08-12-2015, 05:25 PM

This is copy and pasted from another forum I posted in.

Eucontrol 3.3 and still no feature updates to the Artist Series Controllers. After recently updating to v3.3 I'm saddened that Avid has decided to roll out the VCA spill feature to the S3 controllers only. This has been a feature that has been asked for all over the discussion boards. I'm growing weary of Avid supporting only its newer hardware instead of honoring its existing hardware owner's requests. I understand that the Artist Series controllers are considered "old" by Avid's standards, however, that doesn't mean Avid should stop rolling out new features to these devices. It would be nice to see that Avid actually cares that these units still exist instead of just ignoring the fact that there are probably more Artist series users out there than S3 users. Please Avid, support your legacy hardware as long as it continues to work.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:05 PM

Quote:

JC
How big was the customer demand for a free EUCON ipad app? Over the past 3 years that I have been using Artist Series controllers they have definitely become more stable, which I absolutely appreciate. The shift + fader function is working perfectly for me with 3.3 & PT HD 11.3.1.

What irks me though is that Avid have dedicated manpower to releasing a free application to all of its Protools users while Artist series owners - people whom have actually paid a very decent amount of money for a control surface seem to be dangling at the bottom of the priority list.

The fact that the iPad application isn't physically compatible with a bunch of Artist series control surfaces is a little bit insulting. We don't even get to use the free stuff Avid release while we wait for the stuff we paid for to work properly! Why is the Avid Artist series the black sheep of the EUCON family? Was it just poorly implemented from day one by Euphonix? Not enough sales to really justify any kind of real development?
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.