Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2013, 08:20 PM

Default Downloading Legacy Plugins? Short Delay II

Hi all--

new to PT and new to this very helpful community. I have a bunch of sessions from an engineer who recorded a gig I did back in 2006. They all have the the the *.ptf extension.

In opening them in PT 10.3.2 I see that certain plugins are missing. There are some like Tubifex (that apparently is an amp modeler that came from something called Powercore) that I can probably recreate.

But he did some nice mixes, and things like "Short Delay II" and "Trim" are greyed out. Annoying because according to avid's own web site, "Short Delay II" should be included with PT 10. http://www.avid.com/US/products/Pro-...Specifications

but it is NOT on my PT 10 install DVD. I used EasyFind to dig through all the package contents of the DVD installers, and Mod is there but Short is not. Nor is it in any "unused plugins" folder.

I understand from research on here and elsewhere that Short Delay has been subsumed into Mod Delay II, but using that instead means his settings will be lost right?

I also see from here:
http://protoolsexpert.squarespace.co...pro-tools.html

that apparently some legacy plugins live in the bowels of the Avid website, does anybody know if that particular one does?

Thanks again for all the invaluable advice on here!