Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 04-29-2001, 01:20 AM

Default Help! Hard Disk attached to Disk I/O will not mount.

I have a b&w G3/450-Mac (Mac OS 9.04) with Pro Tools III (DSP Farm/ Disk I/O, Matchmaker Chip QE-Revision).
Everytime I boot my Mac with Digi Init 5.x (have tried all versions 5.0 to 5.01cs4), on the icon of the DSI appears "no disk" and the drives connected to Disk I/O-Card will not be mounted. As a consequence DAE cannot be launched, too.
When I use DSI 3.42 the Hard disk connected to the Disk I/O-Card is mounted, but that´s of no use as I need the 5.0 Versions to run on Mac OS 9.0 and with Pro Tools 5.
Does anyone know, how I can solve this problem??
Old 04-29-2001, 10:32 AM

Default Re: Help! Hard Disk attached to Disk I/O will not mount.

Greetings, if you are using a 80 pin drive get rid of it, this is a known problem. I us to have to connect my 80 pin (seagate) PT drives to the comp scsi line mount it w/ drive setup, fwb or mount digi, trash the drive, connect it back to the PT line, mount w/ digi mount. WOW!! Got rid of them for 68 pin drives w/ all my problems. If you do a search on the duc you will find old threads pertaining to this issue.

One other thing maybe a scsi accelerator might fix this!!

------------------
"Have you seen my 2 inch reel??"