Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2001, 10:54 AM

Default Kensington trackball conflict?

Hello,

I have a new 867 with OS 9.2.1, and a Kensington trackball installed with it's software. Has anyone ever had a conflict problem with any Kensington software and Pro Tools?

Trying to get rid of Type 2, 3 errors.

I am about to delete all my programs other than PTLE and DAE... but I am hoping I can keep my Kensington trackball and Apple iTunes (Superdrive control). I cannot continue to work with constant errors that cause Pro Tools to shut down constantly, losing information, etc.

thanks -imp
Old 10-30-2001, 07:03 PM

Default Re: Kensington trackball conflict?

I have a new 867 and 001 and "had" a Kesington trackball. I couldn't get the trackball to stay working correctly. My teacher uses one and it works fine on his Mac with TDM setup.

Anyway I took it back and got a Logitech trackball that worked immediately with no problems, but I just took it back because i didn't like the ball on the index finger. I just plugged in a Microsoft Trackball explorer - so far no problems other than it is a bit uncomfortable - maybe I will get used to it - I have only been using it about 10 minutes!

As for itunes and PT conflicts you cannot use them both at the same time - you can only have one open at a time - and don't put your Mac in sleep mode.

Well those are a few things I have learned. But I am not sure on the Kensington because I have seen it work fine on another computer - maybe I just had a lemon - I did like the feel of it much better than the explorer.

Richard the neophyte
Old 11-01-2001, 10:02 PM

I've been working with a Kensington on both an LE rig and a TDM rig without problems. However, I am running G3 B&Ws, both with 9.0
Good Luck
Old 11-02-2001, 03:05 AM

Kensington (+ADB->USB adapter)+ G4/667 = no problem.
What are you using? An ADB model along with the USB adapter or a USB model (not sure there are such model existing though)? If you do use an adapter, it's probably an IMate (as mine). When I bought this adapter (after switching from G3 to G4), I was told I could have trouble and was given an IMate driver to be used in that case (I didn't need it, it worked fine by just pluging).
Old 11-02-2001, 08:26 AM

I have a USB Kensington... no adapter... plugs right into the USB port. The ball works fine. Last night as a test I disabled all the Kensington extensions, but it did not help my Type 123 error problems.

Thanks.

(PS - I love the trackball... it's very cool that it works along with the mouse at the same time... you can keep your left hand on the ball and your right hand on the mouse and use them together... very sweet)