Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2008, 07:29 AM

Question How to change automation playlist by clicking on plugin parameter

Hello,

I know I have seen this done. Where if you already have the automation playlists for a plugin enabled you can just click on which ever parameter and it changes the playlist on the track. I have looked all thru the manual and all thru the user conference. Does anyone know what this is? Thank you very much.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:59 AM

Default Re: How to change automation playlist by clicking on plugin parameter

By "it changes the playlist on the track" do you mean the track view changes to display the automation for the parameter you clicked on? Clicking on the control in the plug-in window? That would be fun.

Hmm. In the Keyboard Shortcuts doc, it does say under Global Keyboard Shortcuts:

Change parameters on all similar channel strips: Option+applicable function (applicable functions listed below)
Change parameter on all selected similar channel strips: Option+Shift+applicable function (applicable functions listed directly below)
-Applicable functions: Automation mode • Monitor mode • playlist enables • record, solo and mute enables • record and solo safes • inserting plug-ins • I/O, bus, send assignment • volume/peak indicator • extend Edit or Timeline selection • track heights • clear clip meter

I'm in the middle of a 45 minute bounce at the moment, but I'm gonna have to try this out when it's done. Thanks for bringing it up!

PT 2023.12 Ultimate | Clarett+ 8Pre | macOS 13.6.3 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max
PT 2023.12 | Saffire Pro 40 | Win10 latest, HP Z440 64GB
Old 11-14-2008, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Where if you already have the automation playlists for a plugin enabled you can just click on which ever parameter and it changes the playlist on the track.
control-apple(command)
also, at least on tdm systems control option apple enables automation (not sure on le systems)
Old 11-14-2008, 08:23 AM

Right, thanks. The stuff I pasted is to do with something else entirely. Wow, this is cool. Thanks again for bringing it up, rmonday.

PT 2023.12 Ultimate | Clarett+ 8Pre | macOS 13.6.3 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max
PT 2023.12 | Saffire Pro 40 | Win10 latest, HP Z440 64GB
Old 11-14-2008, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elicious View Post
control-apple(command)
also, at least on tdm systems control option apple enables automation (not sure on le systems)
Thank you for that info. I am trying to use Izotope Ozone and I guess this command does not work with that plugin. It works fine with my other plugs.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:56 AM

It does work with LE systems by the way. I have an Mbox.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:57 AM

If you're referring to the Ignition Pack version of Ozone, parameters cannot be changed or automated. The full version would be needed for that.

http://www.myspace.com/philogg