Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2008, 04:25 PM

Angry No Authorization Code & many other problems

Sorry if my tone is aggravated. As you will see, I've been having many problems installing ProTools. To top it off, the first time I tried to post this thread, the message was lost because the forum apparently logged me out without any warning.

I bought an Mbox2 mini. Went to install on my iMac (latest OS X). Biggest problem: no install disk in box.

Went back to store, opened another box, also no disk. They finally got me a disk from somewhere.

Drove home, began install. Disk took longer to load than a 5-1/4" floppy (crappy QC?). Ran installer and got several unhelpful error messages "digi-xxx driver not correctly installed". Checked online support DB, but no info on this.

Ran ProTools, which asked for Auth. Code. from inside cover of booklet or disk sleeve. Both are blank. So, where do I get this code?

Tried to email support, using Safari & Firefox. Both times the mail form failed to load (another blank page). Also got frustrated that I have to keep creating accounts and p/w's for different parts of your site (registration, support, forum).

BTW, this one of the worst OOB experiences I've ever seen, and I've installed hundreds of s/w packages. If ProTools is as bad as I've seen so far, it will be the last Digidesign product I ever buy.

I'm sure it will all be better in a few days when I finally get the code and can get on to spending more hours solving the install problems and sorting out iLock (yet another account). :-(

Steve D.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:02 PM

Default Re: No Authorization Code & many other problems

Check the inside cover of the "Getting Started" guide.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
Check the inside cover of the "Getting Started" guide.
As stated above, the inside of the "Getting Started" guide cover is blank -- no number, nothing. Same is true of the envelope the install DVD came in.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:26 PM
Administrator

According to your online registration, you registered an Mbox 2 Mini with Pro Tools LE 7.4.

That product would not come with an iLok or require an iLok account, unless you also purchase additional optional software that requires the iLok authorization.

But what you have registered so far does not need an iLok.

Quote:
I bought an Mbox2 mini. Went to install on my iMac (latest OS X). Biggest problem: no install disk in box.

Went back to store, opened another box, also no disk. They finally got me a disk from somewhere.
This is not normal at all. Every Mbox 2 Mini should include the installation DVD and authorization code. The fact that Guitar Center gave you 2 boxes with no disk, then "found" a disk somewhere and gave it to you suggests that they are selling open box items, and opening other boxes to replace missing items.

While this could be a manufacturing error on our part, it sounds to me like sloppy inventory management on the part of the store.

In any case, I just sent you an email with an Activation Code for a no cost upgrade to Pro Tools LE 7.4, which when activated will give you a replacement authorization code for Pro Tools LE 7.4. Your downloads and authorization code will then be stored in your My Digi profile. You will be able to get Pro Tools LE 7.4 for Mac OS X 10.4 and Windows, and Pro Tools LE 7.4.2 for Mac OS X Leopard from your My Digi section after that.

If you are on Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard), then you should NOT install Pro Tools LE 7.4 for Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger).

You would instead install Pro Tools LE 7.4.2 for Leopard. You can get that here:
www.digidesign.com/download742

But you will need your Pro Tools LE 7.4.x authorization code, which you will get from the instructions in the email just sent you.

For more information about returning to your upgrade downloads and authorization codes, please see the Website Help page:

Digidesign Website Help
www.digidesign.com/support/webhelp

You can find that link in the Support section of the website on the right side under Quick Links:
www.digidesign.com/support

Our apologies for the problems you experienced with the contact form. In case the address was a broken link, this is the correct form for both Customer Service and Tech Support:
www.digidesign.com/tsr
Old 09-02-2008, 05:41 AM

Thanks for the code. I am running Leopard, and so will download 7.4.2 and give it a try.

Steve D.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:01 PM

I have experienced the same problem, I purchased an Mbox 2 Mini from a Guitar Center in Los Angeles and the Authorization code is missing. I called and they said there's nothing they could do, to call the manufacturer!

How do I get the code now?

Thanks,
Rob
Old 09-16-2008, 10:38 PM
Administrator

Go ahead and register the Mbox 2 Mini online using the included registration card.

Then contact Digi Customer Service:
www.digidesign.com/contact

They can send you a replacement authorization code for Pro Tools LE once you register.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:02 AM

Just bought an Mbox 2 Mini yesterday (from a local audio store). Successfully installed Pro Tools, but found that when I went to enter the activation code, there was none to be found on the inside front cover of the Getting Started manual. I know there have been problems with incorrect codes, but I have no code whatsoever. I have tried THREE times today to call DigiDesign customer service - 25 minutes the first time, 30 minutes the second and 40 minutes just recently. No one picked up the phone at any point. I even called the corporate front desk and asked to speak to someone directly and ended up back on hold for another 30 minutes. Very frustrating. All I need is the activation code so I can start rockin', but this level of customer service is appalling...

Any idea how to get that code?

Grizzle
Old 09-18-2008, 10:18 AM

Yeah, something must be up with their phone bank system. I just tried calling in a few times and the call got dropped both times after the pre-recorded messages, no chance to even get into a hold cue, and generally there isn't much of a hold cue for customer service anyway, usually that's just tech support.

Try emailing [email protected].
Old 09-18-2008, 10:25 AM

Thanks for the tip