Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2006, 11:14 AM

Default Video clip named wrong after capture. 7.2 bug?

Just digitized through mojo .... The video clip was named after the last video track of the previous PT session that was open.
i.e., Previous session's video track was named "DV", closed the session, started a new session with video track name at default (Video 1), clip was recorded and given the name "DV_01". Has this happened to any one else ???
Old 10-31-2006, 07:06 AM

Default Re: Video clip named wrong after capture. 7.2 bug?

Yes, this has occurred on more than one occasion with me since the 7.2 upgrade. The more worrying problem thats also cropped up with 7.2 is recording video, closing the job, re-opening the job, and having the video physically out of sync within the clip on the timeline. This is fixed by re-importing the digitized video. Generally I record a 10 sec countdown with each picture (spot work here), and was surprised to find myself dead in the middle of the spot at the "beginning" of the clip.

-Steve

Dual 2GHz G5 PowerMac
2G RAM
PT7.2
Mojo
New York, NY 10003
Old 10-31-2006, 08:00 AM
Avid

We are aware of the first problem and are working on a fix.

The report about video being out of sync - can you be more specific? Can you reproduce this reliably and, if so, can you give us a step by step?
Old 10-31-2006, 07:35 PM

Don't think I can reproduce it reliably, as it's happened only twice in perhaps 40? sessions...

As far as step-by-step, I load video onto the timeline via mojo. For arguments sake, a 30 second spot, preceded by a 10 second slate. I almost always begin my video recording at precisely 10 seconds before picture start, in case there are ever sync issues or I need to move picture around between sessions or to others.

The project is mixed, and saved.

In these two cases, when the projects were re-opened for re-mixing, the video track looked normal (I use block view) as far as the timeline and the clips length and position were concerned, however when I began to play the session, starting at 00:59:50:00, where I would expect to see a countdown, instead I saw the middle or end of the spot. It seemed to have slipped sync within the clip. And not by frames, by a solid 10 or more seconds.

In any case, they weren't tragic issues, as I was able to drag the mxf file from the video drive back to it's rightful place on the timeline and all was repaired.

Hope that helped...

-Stephen
New York, NY 10003