Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2001, 07:59 PM

Default Slot Order difficulties

Greetings,
once gain I'm stumped ... so I'm asking to all GRAND GURUs ... the slot order ... for my "new" set-up ...
G4/466/512Meg (4 PCI slots + monitor card)
Digidesign 13 slots expansion chassis
Mix Core
3 Mix DSP Farms
Dual ATTO card
Miro DC 30plus
IX MICRO dual monitor card.

Symptoms ... Core and Farms work great in G4
... then ... just the DIGI stuff in the expansion chassis (nothing else in the G4 except for the host card) ... results in PTools 5.1 unable to create a DAE deck ... digiTest doesn't see any cards ... stumpped ... did all the answerBase stuff ... nothing
[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
btw
any of my "old cards" incompatible?

Thanks in advance for your time

rg ;-D
Old 06-19-2001, 10:19 PM

Default Re: Slot Order difficulties

I had the same problem a few days ago in my G4/733 and couldn't see the card in the Digitest. Just read to reinstall the card in the order reccomended in reference or TDM manual..one of those darn manuals. Anyway try making sure that the TDM ribbon in on the right way.
My gut tell me that maybe the problem may be in that the DigiTest program probably does not work with an atto card..maybe, I could be wrong

I'll let you know if I have time to get into it
Make sure you Atto card is set to a burst rate of 32 and a sync rate of 20-10
Use the ExpressPro-Tools 2.3.2 utility to check it . Maybe that will help.
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 06-20-2001, 03:02 AM

Thanks for all those hints but right now I'm trying to get it working in the "bare bones" configuration ... ie. just the Digi stuff in the expansion chassis and nothing else ... the Miro/ATTO/IxMicro are still in their boxes.
Again thanks for your time
rg ;-D
Old 06-20-2001, 06:20 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>G4/466/512Meg (4 PCI slots + monitor card)
Digidesign 13 slots expansion chassis
Mix Core
3 Mix DSP Farms
Dual ATTO card
Miro DC 30plus
IX MICRO dual monitor card.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's the serial number of the chassis?
May seem a strange question but that's relevant to the slot order. (Check if it says NB0600100C or higher)
The Digi cards will have to move to the chassis, starting from a specific slot which depends on the revision of the chassis...

cheers