Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2003, 02:40 PM

Default The operating system held off interrupts...

Quote:
The operating system held off interrupts for too long. If this occurs frequently, try increasing the "H/W Buffer Size" in the playback engine panel. (-6093)
...did all that.

I get this error when trying to play back a session that I was mixing last week at a different studio than my own.

This studio is running a 002 on a DP 1Ghz Mirror-Door / 1GB RAM - FW Maxtor HD

I went back there today to finish the job. However, at some point during the week, another user had updated their system to OS10.2.8

The same exact session was working just fine last week prior to this update with no problems whatsoever

This particular session has a DV video track playing out through the Firewire port. The session will play fine as long as I don't select the
"Play DV movie from Firewire port" in the movie menu and simply let it display in a window.

I have run Repair Disc Permissions, trashed prefs, unistalled & reinstalled PTLE6.1.1 - I even created a new user account (admin) on this machine and did a fresh install of PTLE6.0.2 up to 6.1.1 - still no luck.

Is there any easy way to downgrade back to OS10.2.6 without having to initialize the drive? This exact session was running great on 10.2.6

Thanks,

dk
Old 10-05-2003, 08:09 PM

Default Re: The operating system held off interrupts...

I use a G4 dual 1..25 and I get this exact message way too much...And I'm talking w/ only 8 tracks and like 4 plugins..Thats not even right....I should have no problem whatsoever w/ that many tracks....

Let me know when you know...

[email protected]

El caca
Old 10-06-2003, 04:34 AM

So seize this out: I get this thing while sending ONE Channel MIDI Sysex. on G4/400
Old 11-11-2003, 05:16 PM

I'm getting this on my Quicksilver dual 1ghz, 1.5GB RAM, using the digi 001. even at minimal cpu levels/pci usage/etc. in both 6.1.2/OS 10.2.8 and 5.2.1/OS 9.2.2 .. it's maddening. especially w/client trying to record. with maybe 8 tracks open. it seems unreasonable to have a relatively quick system like mine have to have 512 or 1024 sample buffers, impossible for clients tracking.

9093 errors happens in 6.1.2 mostly when trying to bounce to disk. and in the last two days, one time PT quit "unexpectedly" after the bounce, before the 16bit stereo conversion, and one time it just kernel panicked...

i'm wondering if there is some way to optimize the IRQ setup for the PCI card? the manual says stick it in any open slot, but maybe one is better than another?
PT 2022.10
UAD-2 Apollo Quad, PCIE and Satellite
Old 11-11-2003, 05:55 PM

OS 10.2.8 was giving me trouble with my midiman oxygen 8, and so I emailed M-Audio tech support. They told me that 10.2.8 was buggy, and Apple actually did a new version of it. They told me to go to the apple downloads site, and find the OS 10.2.8 Combo Update. This one isn't available through Software Update, you have to go right to the site. I downloaded this, and things seem to be working ok. Try it out and see if that helps, I know it's not the same problem but it could have the same fix - http://www.apple.com/downloads/macos...bo_10_2_8.html
Old 11-11-2003, 07:28 PM

I know that these problems crop up from time to time, I personally have had them occur. After the obvious, that you need to have the correct balance for cpu usage and buffer size, I always associated these problems with either memory corruption due to leaving a system running for a long time idle, or with corruption in pram, or preferences.

You need to realize that as you allocate more cpu to your protools system sometimes background applications can cause your cpu to overload. In otherwords it is a balancing act. 75 % cpu usage for protools means only 25 % for system software and other applications. Too much AND too little will cause this error.

Otherwise, sometimes when I would get a rash of these errors, then reset PRAM and throw away all Protools LE preferences, I would not get it again for 1 month or at least several weeks. Also, you could try reseating your ram (after carefully cleaning the contacts with denatured alcohol and a suede video head swab) then firmly reseating it, it is possible that your ram is malfunctioning.

1.467 ghz (accelerated) quicksilver
768 RAM
002 rack

best

rdatman