Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-1999, 09:27 PM

Default Old SC instrs referencing SDI samples

I have recently transferred my SC files to a new system (the previous one was NuBus, this is a PCI system w/the latest SC Editor version). I've had some problems opening these older files before, but this is one that I can't seem to get around; when opening an instrument that references a sample created in Sound Designer I (I've got some old samples), the SC Editor crashes when it 'finds' the samples. I've tried it several times, and can't get it to work. The NuBus Editor will 'find' these samples w/o crashing. I can make a new instrument with the old samples on the PCI system; I just can't use my old instruments. Unfortunately, there is no way to find the sample mappings of these instruments.

I'm using a G3 266, System 8.1, SC Editor 2.1.1. The SC card has a TDM piggyback thingy.
Old 04-05-1999, 04:03 PM
Avid

Default Re: Old SC instrs referencing SDI samples

If you trigger the file searching with PCI-made files (just move some of the referenced sounds around) does it crash?

I could not reproduce this here and I'm trying to figure out what else could be going wrong for you.

BTW, what sample cell editor versions are you using? I had 2.1.1 on both systems.

-bm-