Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 12-27-2002, 12:11 AM
Space Cabin Audio

Default Midiot

I am probably just missing something here, but I want to record more than one midi track at a time from one keyboard to digi. In the manual it says I can, but when I follow the manual I get no signal on the midi track. The only way I get signal is if I put the input to ALL, not DIGI ALL.

What am I doing wrong?

Kris. Peace.
www.universalmindmusic.com

Kris
May the music move you
Old 12-27-2002, 12:49 AM

Default Re: Midiot

Hi Kris,
I'm in a little hurry, so I'll do my best.
1.Create a Stereo Auxillary track, and on it's fader, set the inputs to the same inputs as you have your keyboard plugged in the back of the Digi Box. (mine are plugged into 3&4, so I set the Aux fader's inputs to 3&4)
2. For each separate Midi program you want to record, create a new Midi track. On each of those Midi track's faders, set them each to a separate Digi Midi Channel, like Digidesign001 Ch.1, Digidesign001 Ch.2, and so on, with each new Midi fader you create).

3.In order for your keyboard to play SEPARATE programs at the same time, make sure it is set to the right Mode (mine is called Sequencer Mode. If I set it to Program Mode, it will only play one sound at a time)...

I'm sure I could have written that better, but that should hopefully get you going. Post back with any more questions........ Later, Roy
Old 12-27-2002, 12:59 AM
Space Cabin Audio

Default Re: Midiot

Thanx for the reply Roy, but I can only get a midi signal from the ALL input. My Digi inputs don't seem to work at all. I think it must be something I am doing, but I am not sure what. I am also using samle tank.
At the moment I sequence all of my stuff on my ensoniq, but only use it for MIDI, not audio.
I should also note that when my input is set to all, I plug into the 001 and it works fine, but when I set it to Digi all, or Digi chanell 1 ect.. I get no signal.
Could there be a problem with my driver or maybe the unit itself.
By the way, Roy has got to be one of the coolest dudes around here. Thanx again for your reply.
Kris. Peace.
www.universalmindmusic.com

Kris
May the music move you