Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2011, 03:19 PM

Default Auto create sub paths bug???

Forgive me if this is covered elsewhere, i have searched using assorted variations on the theme but not found anything .

If i create Stereo input paths, and tick the option to auto create the mono sub paths, they come up greyed out and don't work , and cannot be reassigned...

the only work around i've found is to delete them, and manually create 2 mono sub paths and assign the mono i/o manually.

this works fine, but is a bit of a ball ache to do manually for all 32 inputs. (having to name them all manually... as opposed to the automatic naming that should happen using the auto create sub paths option)

likewise creating mono outputs , separate fully fledged mono paths have to be created, assigned, then moved around to have the I/O arranged logically... (for re-amping , as an example)

No option to create sub paths seems to exist for the outputs....

(been quite a while since i did this on our old TDM PT6 system, so memory is a bit foggy on how that worked)

OR

am i just being stupid missing something in a manual or update report that covers this???