Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2011, 08:01 AM

I would love to have Phoenix. I think it's the only single one plugin I miss from TDM. I've bought it but had to sell it because nowadays I mix less and less under TDM. But I always think on buying an HD3 just to use Phoenix or Heat (although I couldn't try Heat yet).
If they port Phoenix to RTAS I would buy it again and force all of my friends to buy one!
Best regards.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:52 AM

Default Re: Avid...why is heat TDM only ?

because ....
Old 08-23-2011, 05:19 AM

Default Re: Avid...why is heat TDM only ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post
From a session interchange viewpoint having a RTAS version of HEAT makes sense.
Exactly..it just seems a strange roadmap.

Air *only* do RTAS

Dave Hill *only* does DSP

It doesn't really tie up !

I say this as a TDM user, but it seems the writing is on the wall for current HD systems..

B Rig: (Home/Office). M1 Mac Studio - 64gb ram - OSX 12.7.1, PT Ultimate2023.6, HD Native Thunderbolt, Omni, Avid Artist Control

http://www.lostboysstudio.com
Old 08-23-2011, 06:08 AM

I don't t think it spells the end of TDM but it does seem to fly in the face of the interoperability they are trying to promote. On the other hand on the surface it comes across as way to prop up HD with some some semblance of exclusivity. My personal opinion is that absolutely no one is going upgrade to HD just to get HEAT with so many other options out there. From a session interchange point it would be nice to see ReVibe, Impact, HEAT and a few other Digi/Avid plugs go native.

I suspect that by the time they port HEAT to RTAS something new will have come along and no one will care. I think that having a both RTAS and TDM version at launch and pricing HEAT at 299.00-349.99 RTAS and 499.99 TDM and including it for free with new systems would have meet to goal of pushing new systems out the door, generated exactly the same amount of HD plugin revenue plus picked up a whole lot if Native sales. I suspect that quite a bit if the native sales would be to HD Native and current HD owners that wanted to move their mixes to native systems or non HD edit systems.

I'd like to see it ported to Native but it being HD only is not interrupting my sleep or a factor in my upgrade plans.

I'm assuming that Dave Hill worked for Avid under contract and that they own the code and whether or not they port it to RTAS is decided by marketing and how cost effective a port would be.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88