Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 05-10-2023, 12:38 AM

Default How do I offline bounce faster?

I'm using Pro Tools 11. The work requires that I need to bounce a 50 mins duration of audio. I usually bounce two 5.1 tracks with 1 stock EQ plugin sticking up in the chain. I don't need a quality bounce at all. It's just to phase compare the two tracks.

The problem is it is bounce at 3-4x of the realtime. How can I improve the speed?

It takes up to 15 mins currently and that's with 32 GB of memory on my Mac mini on Monterey 12.3.1
[3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7]

Consider that I don't need to bounce quality at all, could someone help me bounce faster? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-10-2023, 02:23 AM

Default Re: How do I offline bounce faster?

In my experience bounce speed is directly related to high CPU plug-ins. Rendering/comitting high CPU plug-ins ahead of time will speed up your bounces.
M1MAX Mac Studio OS 14.4.1, PT2024.3, HDX, S1/Dock
M1 PRO MacBook Pro OS 14.4.1, PT2024.3, BabyFacePro FS
Old 05-10-2023, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Russell View Post
In my experience bounce speed is directly related to high CPU plug-ins. Rendering/comitting high CPU plug-ins ahead of time will speed up your bounces.

This.

If you want a faster bounce, get a more powerful machine. You can’t bounce at a lower quality and speed up workflow. It doesn’t work like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-10-2023, 07:59 PM

Hi all, I just figured, while I bounce two tracks, I also have many other tracks that I don't need to bounce with.

So the trick is to vertically isolate those tracks to be bounce being hit the offline bounce. Simply drag them out further into the session so they don't pile up with the rest of the unwanted clips.

This so this is like 4 times faster to be rough..
Old 05-10-2023, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pichak View Post
Hi all, I just figured, while I bounce two tracks, I also have many other tracks that I don't need to bounce with.

So the trick is to vertically isolate those tracks to be bounce being hit the offline bounce. Simply drag them out further into the session so they don't pile up with the rest of the unwanted clips.

This so this is like 4 times faster to be rough..

Yes.

If you’re not bouncing every channel in the render, make said tracks inactive and your CPU usage will go down and lead to a much quicker bounce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk