Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 08-08-2022, 06:36 AM

Default Please Fix Your Software

I've been using Pro Tools for over a decade now, and I'm exasperated at the negligence Avid has had in fixing problems. New features are nice, but I just want the software to WORK. I'm tired of trashing preferences, and when my audio driver switches (headphones plugging in and out or whatever) and Pro Tools should be like every other DAW out there and be able to manage this without quitting. It's become bloated and slow, and stability varies from version to version. Please stop adding features and fix the problems it's had for literally decades. This is ridiculous. I'm tired of paying (outrageous amounts due to greedy subscription models) for software that gets worse and worse every year, and it is very likely that I'll be switching to another DAW if these same problems continue to not be addressed.
Old 08-08-2022, 07:31 AM

Default Re: Please Fix Your Software

Ok, I'll get right on that.
Old 08-08-2022, 08:59 AM

Playback does get interrupted during playback when connecting/disconnecting headphones as stated in avid.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/Troubleshooting/AAE-Error-6101. I started a support case to get more info on other issues you are experiencing.
Old 08-08-2022, 12:44 PM

Did you actually want help, or just to complain and get nothing accomplished? If you want some help trying to address your issues, it would help if you shared some details about what is going on. Otherwise, literally NO ONE will be able to do anything to help you. I know there are a lot of very knowledgeable people on here to VOLUNTEER there time to help people. So all you need to do share what is going on, and I know a bunch of people would be happy to add their input.

Also I must say that AVID have been much more engaged in the forums and communicating more quickly and clearly (at least for me). And to that point I hope Jeffro is able to help you. I’m not going to pretend that I know how hard or easy software development is, however I would suggest trying to walk in a software developers shoes and understand that it is likely not as easy to fix the problems you are experiencing as you may think it is.