Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2022, 04:31 PM

Default No way to change Pro Tools subscription plan

As most of you probably know, support though the Avid website has always been, and apparently will always be - atrocious. I simply want to change my Pro Tools subscription from Studio to Artist. How can I do that? There's no option to do this anywhere in the Account section. Any attempt to get "Help" leads one to filling out random forms that have nothing to do with what I need, with Submit buttons that do nothing. "Chat now" takes you to a worthless bot, and no phone option is offered.

I know they do this on purpose to keep people from unsubscribing from their current plan - shame on them for this. But does anyone have any tips for changing a Pro Tools plan tier?
Old 08-09-2022, 04:40 PM

Default Re: No way to change Pro Tools subscription plan

As far as I know you cannot change a plan midway through the subscription period. If you’re doing monthly, you’ll need to cancel before the month is up and then subscribe at the new tier. If you’re annual subscription, you’re stuck until the year is up. Just make sure it doesn’t auto renew.
Old 08-09-2022, 05:24 PM

Sorry for the difficulty reaching support. I checked your account and that shows the Support Center link isn't active so I have escalated this to get it fixed. In the meantime, you can Create A Case under Account Support at avid.com/learn-and-support/contact-audio-and-music-support if help is needed.

Regarding your product, there's currently no option for changing tiers during a subscription term. Since you have a monthly subscription you can disable Auto Renewal then start a new Pro Tools Artist subscription when your current sub expires later this month. Hope this helps.
Old 08-10-2022, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Sorry for the difficulty reaching support. I checked your account and that shows the Support Center link isn't active so I have escalated this to get it fixed. In the meantime, you can Create A Case under Account Support at avid.com/learn-and-support/contact-audio-and-music-support if help is needed.

Regarding your product, there's currently no option for changing tiers during a subscription term. Since you have a monthly subscription you can disable Auto Renewal then start a new Pro Tools Artist subscription when your current sub expires later this month. Hope this helps.
You should let people with annual subscriptions change tiers. Particularly since Avid changed the tier structure perhaps midway in an annual sub. Those people who may have opted for a studio subscription but it wasn’t available at the time and were forced into an Ultimate subscription. Avid should allow a one time tier drop down to Studio from Flex for those who started their annual subscriptions before the tier changes.