Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2004, 10:30 PM

Default ProTools Task window problems

Hey maybe someone can shed some light on the following problem that I get....

When I open my session (I've trashed the fades and rebuilt them), I get a message in the task window (PT6.2.3) that says... ' Assertion in "FF_BasicAudioPlugin.cpp", line 329 '. I can't find any offline fades in the session. It tells me the file name of the fade. I tried closing the session, trashing this fade and then rebuilding it again, only to get more of these messages in my task window upon re-opening....

What's up? Anyone worked this out?

Regards

Ray
Old 04-26-2004, 01:46 PM

Default Re: ProTools Task window problems

Don't know if this will help, but maybe:
1) Recreate a couple of the trashed fades, save the session, then recatalog your volumes (in workspace menu); I've had issues with certain audio files and fades not showing up because of this;

2) I'm under the assumption that your audio files and fade files are going to the same drive - but make sure that in the workspace window that the drive you're recording to has an "R" (record) in the "A" (audio) column (athough I'm sure this is the case already);

3) Is this session originating from an OMF? The file name it's looking for sounds like something from an Avid. If so, I've had better luck copying the OMF onto my main record/pb drive, then opening it and copying the files from there. As a backup, I'll keep the OMF on my drive until the project is completed.

Hope it helps.
kp
Old 04-26-2004, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Don't know if this will help, but maybe:
1) Recreate a couple of the trashed fades, save the session, then recatalog your volumes (in workspace menu); I've had issues with certain audio files and fades not showing up because of this;

Hmm Kelly I think you were on the right track here. I did what you suggested and then ProTools crashed big time. I restarted, trashed ALL the digi database files on all the mounted volumes and spent the next 45 minutes reindexing my drives.

Then the error messages went away!

Thanks for the hints

Ray
Old 04-26-2004, 10:36 PM

Pro Tools 6.x had a problem opening sessions with "illegal fades" which has been fixed in version 6.4. This may be the solution for you.

Danny Caccavo
Digidesign
Old 04-27-2004, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Pro Tools 6.x had a problem opening sessions with "illegal fades" which has been fixed in version 6.4. This may be the solution for you.

Danny Caccavo
Digidesign
Hey Danny - Thanks for the info. Your answer does, however, beg another question. When are we gonna be able to get ahold of this wonderful new software? It's still not on the DigiStore and, maybe I'm just crazy, but I think that we can safely say that, as of now, it is actually late April. I could be wrong though. Just checking. It would be great to know whether or not to hold off a few days on the mixes for this record I'm almost done with (except for mixing). If 6.4 does everything it seems like it's gonna do, it sure seems like it would be worth it to wait. I just wish I could base the dicision on somethig other than quess work. - Thanks -
Old 04-27-2004, 11:25 AM

Glad it worked out Ray - my sister-in-law is in NZ right now, having a fabulous time. Pictures are amazing!
kp