Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 02-17-2003, 05:06 PM

Default johnson j-station & j-edit

Anyone out there been able to have j-edit software & pro tools running @ the same time, using the midi ins & outs of the 001 interface? I am able to use the j-edit software,albeit the midi connection is not recognized at first.I must go through several error messages as well as a message saying that the midi port is not found. I then must choose midi>re-sync with j-station, then it sees the j-station & all is well.The problem then comes when I try to open pro tools & i'm not able to. I've tried to open the programs in reverse order only to have pro tools crash (an access violation has accured) when tring to open the j-edit software.I know that a workaround would probably involve a usb to midi hub but I would rather not buy anything if I don't have to. The midi ports on the 001 have worked fine with my sound canvas & my D4 daisy chained together, so I know that my midi ports work fine with pro tools open. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks Jeff
Old 02-17-2003, 06:06 PM

Default Re: johnson j-station & j-edit

Jeff, I know this isnt the answer you were hoping for, but the answer you were probably expecting:

I dont think you can run them both on the same system. I have tried and tried and tried, and when it came down to it, I had to run the software on another computer and PT on a seperate one. I realize many people dont have this option, but unfortunately, I think its the only way it will work. I also know that manually programming the J-Station is like learning a foreign language, so, best of luck to you.
=-Ben
Old 02-17-2003, 07:58 PM

You can have them both open in sonar.Its an option in the tools section.I know this does you no good but it lets you know its possible just not in protools le.
Whats funny is when I open j edit in sonar I use the 001 midi in and outs!
Old 02-18-2003, 05:14 AM

I was never able to get my J-Edit to work at the same time as Pro Tools using the Digi's midi in and outs so I purchased a midiman 2X2 interface. Now I can have Pro Tools and the J-Edit open at the same time with no problems at all.
Old 02-18-2003, 08:36 PM

How do you hook it up and how much are they(I want one also!) I mean the midiman interface
Old 02-20-2003, 05:56 PM

Thanks for the feedback! Sounds like I've got to go shopping, but at least I know when I get another midi interface it should work.
At least my wife is getting hip to the fact that "just one more thing" is never the case.
Old 04-17-2003, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gracepoint:
I was never able to get my J-Edit to work at the same time as Pro Tools using the Digi's midi in and outs so I purchased a midiman 2X2 interface. Now I can have Pro Tools and the J-Edit open at the same time with no problems at all.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Can you believe I still haven't solved my problem. But I'm about to & I have a question, are you able to run the midiman interface say for my j-station & the digi 001 midi interface for my d4 & sound canvas? or do I need to purchase a multi i/o midi interface?
Old 04-17-2003, 03:52 PM

Here's how mine is set up:

The Digi001 Midi interface controls my main sound source, a Roland XP-80.

I have a midiman2x2 USB interface controlling my J station & my Bass Pod (one on each channel)

I then got cheeky & used the Motherboards midi interface to control my Zoom GFX-8 guitar effects.

When I'm in a session I regularly have all 3 effects box editors open with no problem at all.

The key to your problem is the midiman [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] .. get a 4x4 tho, I wish I had..

-S.

Windows7 64bit, RME UCX, Asus Z97-P, i7-4790K@4.00Ghz, 32GB Ballistix Ram, Console 1, Unity Audio Rocks, RME UCX.