Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 02-04-2014, 10:50 AM

Default J5 wormhole Switch

Hey all!

This is kind of a shot in the dark, but I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried using J5 wormhole switch between a Venue Profile and a Mac Computer (see the link below). It's kind of like a kvm switch allowing both systems to share the keyboard and mouse. You connect one USB to both computers and it installs software on both. The only things I'm worried about is the installation on Venue and that it allows file transfer. I like the idea of the mouse just going between each screen, but I wouldn't want to mess anything up on Venue by accidentally dragging a file from one screen to the next. What do you think? Should I give it a shot?

http://www.j5create.com/our-products...-switches.html
Old 02-04-2014, 12:12 PM

Default Re: J5 wormhole Switch

I have used a "normal" KVM switch many times with no issue, but my instinct tells me that anything requiring software is asking for trouble. Definitely not supported.