Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2009, 07:13 PM

Default PT8 M-Powered not seeing coax spdif from Profire 2626

edit: (solved...check down a few posts)

I’m running XP pro SP3

I’ve got PT8 M-Powered and an M-audio Profire 2626. I cannot get PT8 to see the coax spdif inputs from the Profire. The M-audio mixer applet sees the coax spdif in, Cubase can see and record the coax spdif in…but not PT. (PT does see the coax spdif output...it works fine.)

The buffer setting doesn't matter, large or small it's the same.

PT will, however, see the other inputs from the Profire - the analog inputs, and the spdif optical input. Clocking is external…and the fact that PT sees the Spdif optical indicates that there’s no problem there. (And Cubase has no problem with the digital coax input via the Profire.)

So, at first, it would seem that the problem is in the PT8 software. I have the made sure that the Spdif input is enabled in the I/O settings in PT. I reinitialized the I/O settings…no change…

Then, I uninstalled and reinstalled the Profire driver. I uninstalled and reinstalled PT8 with and without CS2…still no change…

Then,

I uninstalled the Profire, uninstalled the driver, and hooked up my old M-audio Audiophile interface and installed its driver. PT8 M-powered DOES see the spdif coax input from the Audiophile!

So, I uninstalled the Audiophile and the drivers, reinstalled the Profire and drivers, and it’s still the same: PT8 M-Powered doesn’t see the coax spdif input from the Profire, but everything else works.

Help!