Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2021, 07:10 AM

Default "Some inputs have been made inacctive"

Using Pro Tools 12 Pro with a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 on a Lenovo Legion laptop. Things worked for my last session a couple months ago. Now, when I open a session, I get the message "some inputs have been made inactive," and ProTools doesn't show the Focusrite as an input option. It seems to want to use the computer's microphone and speaker. I've tried disabling those. I've tried re-enabling them. I've tried making Focusrite the computer's selected IO. I've tried making it enabled, but not selected. I've restarted the computer with every new setting I try. Nothing is working. When I make Focusrite the selected IO in the computer's settings, the computer recognizes it, but Pro Tools doesn't, so I think the USB cable is OK (otherwise, the computer wouldn't recognize it). I've seen posts on this forum of similar problems, but haven't encountered a suggested solution that works for me. Any thoughts?
Old 03-09-2021, 08:09 AM

Default Re: "Some inputs have been made inacctive"

Hi

Try launch PT with the N key held down and when the popup window asks what interface to use choose the 2i2 and let PT startup.

The gotlo Settings in PT and choose i/o and there delete all The he paths like in/out/aux on both pages with Input and output and press DEFAULT on all the options and see if that helps you.

Let us know if you need any assistance with this

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 03-09-2021, 08:52 AM

Default Re: "Some inputs have been made inacctive"

Best practices for Windows users:
#1-always connect the interface BEFORE booting the computer.
#2-open Windows Sound Properties and set Windows to use the on-board sound card(Realtek?) as the "default playback" device(this leaves the interface to be controlled by Pro Tools-ONLY, avoiding hardware conflicts

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave