Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 05-20-2003, 10:41 AM

Default Finally... a PT6 Sampler!

For all of you who have been patiently waiting on a PT6 sampler, Mach5 is supposed to ship next week (end of the month). Also, with 6.1 coming next month, we'll also have the option to use the samplers under Reason since 6.1 offers ReWire support. I spoke with a Digi rep yesterday, and he said they have Reason running like a champ under 6.1. Finally, some sampler options! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-21-2003, 12:21 AM

Default Re: Finally... a PT6 Sampler!

I'm definitely excited about the Rewire support. The only reason I bought Logic 6 was for the Rewire support. I'm curious to hear what the included sounds are like for Mach 5. It would be cool if it actually shipped with some really usable material.
Old 05-21-2003, 01:56 AM

Sampletank is out as well. BUT will they read Samplecell Libraries directly without conversion? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-22-2003, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by roberts:
Sampletank is out as well. BUT will they read Samplecell Libraries directly without conversion? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">• CDXtract for Reasons NNXT works quite good
•Reason Rewire 2* into DP4** works great (SD11 files)
•Import to PT6 as always works great.
{Alternately I was bouncing in reason 2 tracks at a time but the above method with the patch below you don't have to mess the reason session up for isolated bouncing}
**PT's 6.x with rewire 2 will eliminate the DP4 need.

* Reason now has "Audio spider" (Mults) so creating a startup session prewired to have all reason mixer inputs with direct prefader outputs to rewire is quite nice.

?? Digi please looks at DP4 for it's windowshading ability!!!

DP4 windowshading Works in all windows!!!!!!
(Windowshade-X) Not so in PT 6.01
Old 05-22-2003, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TCDet:

* Reason now has "Audio spider" (Mults) so creating a startup session prewired to have all reason mixer inputs with direct prefader outputs to rewire is quite nice.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Forgive me for asking this stupid question. You are talking about setting up a Spider Audio module for each mixer input. You are placing the Spider in between the drum machine/synth/sampler and the mixer input and then splitting that signal so it can also go to the Rewire outs also. It almost seems like there should be an easier way but I guess it doesn't matter as long as you setup a template file.
Old 05-22-2003, 06:13 AM

[/qb][/QUOTE]Forgive me for asking this stupid question. You are talking about setting up a Spider Audio module for each mixer input. You are placing the Spider in between the drum machine/synth/sampler and the mixer input and then splitting that signal so it can also go to the Rewire outs also. It almost seems like there should be an easier way but I guess it doesn't matter as long as you setup a template file. [/QB][/QUOTE]
Yep, it was a bit of a pain to set up but it works.
Straight mixer (pre/post fader) direct outpus to rewire would be nice and I have beta suggested this option.
The downfall of this is no auto connect when creating a device and the mixer inputs are now named the spider name. However the repatching and bouncing messed up my working session so much I would need a seperate named bounce session. Fine for ontime but when changes are needed.... well I bet you get my point. I can email* the .rns file if you like. (1 -14.2 mixer with Main out to 1+2 and ch 1-14 to rewire 3-30 and FX 1+2 to Rewire 31-34)

Note: This also copies and past into previous sessions and the patching (Without cables showing) does not take long.
The plus side is continual work in reason with unaltered mix outputs.
[email protected]
Old 05-22-2003, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaphoron:
I'm definitely excited about the Rewire support. The only reason I bought Logic 6 was for the Rewire support.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I wonder if there's someway Logic could feed into PT via Rewire making ESB obsolete ...

Ainslie