Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2006, 01:33 PM

Default Waves Adds the Doubler

Waves is giving out the doubler to Native bundle users and up.

Old 03-08-2006, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Waves Adds the Doubler

Lets see... $400- WUP fee to add Doubler to my Platinum bundle???

NOT!!!

"Life's to short for ==>> WUP!"
Old 03-08-2006, 02:44 PM

Quote:

NOT!!!

Wasn't Doubler already included with Platinum?

How much does an Eventide Harmonizer cost?

I don't think that there are any other RTAS options for a harmonizer insert. The audio suite method worked well but took up alot of precious track real-estate.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Quote:

NOT!!!

Wasn't Doubler already included with Platinum?...
You'd think it would be
Old 03-08-2006, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Existing owners of these bundles with current Waves Update Plan coverage receive Doubler absolutely free. After downloading your copy, get authorized by visiting our Get Doubler Page!
I got this in my mail today from Waves. I feel the words "absolutely free" are a bit misleading. It seems if you download the "free" doubler, then you can use it for one year for "free". Then you have to pay the WUP fee, which will increase about $40 per year on your bundle. ($400 Doubler list price X 10% = about $40 more yearly WUP fee) It would be nice to try it and use it, but if you decide you don't care to pay the additional WUP fee, it's already too late! You are stuck with the additional WUP fee for as long as you own your Waves plugin bundle. There is apparently no way to cancel the Doubler WUP without canceling your whole bundle. That's the way it seems to me. Am I wrong?

This looks to be the same thing they did with TUNE LT and IR that aggrivated a lot of users. Users downloaded the "free" plugins only to find out later that their WUP fees increased because of the "free" plugins!
Old 03-08-2006, 11:39 PM

Quote:
This looks to be the same thing they did with TUNE LT and IR that aggrivated a lot of users. Users downloaded the "free" plugins only to find out later that their WUP fees increased because of the "free" plugins!
It's strange that Renaissance MAXX bundle and Platinum bundle seems to have IR-L included according to http://www.waves.com/content.asp?id=53 and it would probably get re-wupped when one re-wups the rennmaxx bundle. Even stranger is that Gold bundle seems to NOT have IR-L included whereas the Doubler now seems to be included; Waves has to simplify its systems that's for sure...
Old 03-09-2006, 06:55 AM
Waves

Hello,

Any bonus plugins added under the Waves Update Plan are covered by the base product's WUP (Platinum, etc). Bonus plugins do not increase your total Waves Update Plan coverage.

Regarding which bonus plugins come with which bundles, I have created a current list below for you.

- Native Power Pack V5 under WUP receives RenAxx, IRL, and Doubler. This is $700 in bonus plugins!

- Renaissance Maxx V5 under WUP receives RenAxx, IRL, TuneLT, and Doubler. This is $1000 in bonus plugins! The value increases even more for TDM owners.

- Gold V5 under WUP receives RenAxx, IRL, TuneLT, and Doubler. This is $1000 in bonus plugins. The value increases even more for TDM owners.

- Broadcast & Production V5 under WUP receives RenAxx, IRL, TuneLT, and Doubler. This is $1000 in bonus plugins. The value increases even more for TDM owners.

- Platinum V5 under WUP receives RenAxx, IRL, TuneLT, L3 UltraMaximizer, and Doubler. This is $1400 in bonus plugins. The value increases even more for TDM owners.

- Diamond V5 owners under WUP receive RenAxx, IRL, TuneLT, L3 UltraMaximizer, L3 MultiMaximizer, and QClone. This is $2400 in bonus plugins! The value increases even more for TDM owners.

As for the Doubler question, up until now it was only part of the Musician's, Transform and Diamond bundles. It has never been part of the Platinum.

Additional information on bonus plugins, specials, and promotions can be found at the Waves Specials page at http://www.waves.com/content.asp?id=2003

As I have posted many times on this forum, if you have any questions or comments feel free to contact me direct.

Best regards,

Tim Holbert
Waves Customer Support
865-909-9221
[email protected]

Waves Customer Support
Old 03-09-2006, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Hello,

Any bonus plugins added under the Waves Update Plan are covered by the base product's WUP (Platinum, etc). Bonus plugins do not increase your total Waves Update Plan coverage.

Regarding which bonus plugins come with which bundles, I have created a current list below for you.

- Native Power Pack V5 under WUP receives RenAxx, IRL, and Doubler. This is $700 in bonus plugins!

- Renaissance Maxx V5 under WUP receives RenAxx, IRL, TuneLT, and Doubler. This is $1000 in bonus plugins! The value increases even more for TDM owners.

- Gold V5 under WUP receives RenAxx, IRL, TuneLT, and Doubler. This is $1000 in bonus plugins. The value increases even more for TDM owners.

- Broadcast & Production V5 under WUP receives RenAxx, IRL, TuneLT, and Doubler. This is $1000 in bonus plugins. The value increases even more for TDM owners.

- Platinum V5 under WUP receives RenAxx, IRL, TuneLT, L3 UltraMaximizer, and Doubler. This is $1400 in bonus plugins. The value increases even more for TDM owners.

- Diamond V5 owners under WUP receive RenAxx, IRL, TuneLT, L3 UltraMaximizer, L3 MultiMaximizer, QClone, and Doubler. This is $2600 in bonus plugins! The value increases even more for TDM owners.

As for the Doubler question, up until now it was only part of the Musician's, Transform and Diamond bundles. It has never been part of the Platinum.

Additional information on bonus plugins, specials, and promotions can be found at the Waves Specials page at http://www.waves.com/content.asp?id=2003

As I have posted many times on this forum, if you have any questions or comments feel free to contact me direct.

Best regards,

Tim Holbert
Waves Customer Support
865-909-9221
[email protected]
This might be true 'today', but 'yesterday' this wasn't true...
And 'tomorrow' it will change again.

I know people that had to pay for the "Free" IR-L WUP that is now free-free of WUP. They didn't even get a year of WUP for with the 'free' plugin.

Also you state that Doubler was always part of the Diamond Bundle, but now you get it as an increased value;

"As for the Doubler question, up until now it was only part of the Musician's, Transform and Diamond bundles. It has never been part of the Platinum."

"- Diamond V5 owners under WUP receive RenAxx, IRL, TuneLT, L3 UltraMaximizer, L3 MultiMaximizer, QClone, and Doubler. This is $2600 in bonus plugins! The value increases even more for TDM owners."

Talk about Double Dipping! (pun intended)

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER,WAVES!
Old 03-09-2006, 01:02 PM

How 'bout throwing the L2 into the Native and Gold bundles since the L3 is in the Platinum and Diamond bundles?!?!?!

Please?
Old 03-09-2006, 03:35 PM

I have Platinum Native, and have added RenAxx, IRL, and Tune LT, and L3. When I go to see the WUP differences for my base bundle and that same bundle with all the extras there is only a few cents (literally not even a dollar) difference over a year or two. I'm not sure what other people are seeing, but this doesn't seem like a big deal at all to me.

fizbin

EDIT: That was the last time I looked. I just went and checked and it seems that there is only one base bundle price at this time. I can get WUPped through April 2010 for $398 (Platinum Native)