Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 03-17-2006, 08:42 AM

Default Re: \"Special offer\" for Toolkit?

And Digitranslator 2.0! What a joke, It didn't work correctly with the first DV Toolkit...Guess what DV Tookit 2 has bundled with the package? -Digitranslator 2.0

They couldn't even be bothered to fix it and give us 2.1 or 3.

Let's ad this up.

Digi002 w/PTLE $1199
PTLE 7.0 $75
DV Toolkit 2 $1295 or upgrade (hahaha) $295
MPToolkit $495

$3,064 plus tax and still no ADC or Surround and that only gives us 4 mic pres and 48 track.

factor in a Digimax or Octopre ($1000) and some good convertors ($1700 RME or Apogee)

We're at $5,764

How about a few good mics to record drums ($5000) for something decent.

$10,760......and it goes on. (waves gold...) a G5 Dual or (Supported Quad, whatever)... you get the picture.

We cant even record anything for under $10,000 Granted not all of it went to Digidesign, but they're not helping in any considerable way. They're worried about $75 for the PT7 upgrade????? Please!

Like I keep saying, if the DV toolkit was "Full Featured" meaning Surround Sound, it would be worth it, but without this ONE feature, it's a rip off and not up to industry standard AT ALL!

This is what grates me. It's been 5 years or so since I purchased the DV Toolkit 1 and NOTHING, I mean NOTHING has changed and they want more money. And that's after I had to upgrade a perfectly good Digi001 (it was the same as the 002 if not better IMO, there was a pad on the Mic Pre and the Phantom power was on the front...big difference)

Now they want to take away my DV Toolkit privileges when I was going to throw mor money their way for the MPToolkit.

Can you spell MANIPULATION!!!

Bloodsuckers!
Old 03-17-2006, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Quote:
check the street prices dude...$999. What are you going to pay for logic and that new apogee interface? I've heard it and it's not a Rosetta.
The $1300 is just for the DV Toolkit 2 - which gives you timecode.
hello???

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_g...rch=DV+toolkit
and
http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__DigiD...ign_DV_Toolkit,__13067762/search=DV+toolkit

I re-iterate my question. why would you pay $2600 STREET (Logic+apogee) for timecode when you could have it for $2100 STREET (002+DVtoolkit)? If you go by list prices then it's $3000 and $2600 respectively.

Quote:
That's not including Pro Tools, or interface.
Newsflash, when you buy an 002, protools comes with it.When you buy a MOTU, it comes with....nothing (not even audio desk anymore). If you're talking about M-powered, that's another forum.

sorry if you feel slighted dude. Remember no one is twisting your arm or holding you hostage to use ProTools, if TC is that important to your work, then either:

A-bite the bullet and get the DVT.
B-swithch to another app that has it standard

either way you're going to spend money and either way it's a tax write off if you have a legit business.

People don't seem to understand, hardware or software, owning a studio is a money pit. If you can't make a ROI then you're in the wrong business. Again, sorry to seem so harsh.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:56 AM

DV Toolkit 2 is $1300. The original DV Toolkit is $965.

You have to have DV Toolkit 2 to use Pro Tools 7.1 with timecode.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:10 AM

The shame is that people are being forced to look into other options. People put up with the limitations of PTLE for many reasons, most notably the streamlined, easy to use, yet still powerful interface. It may not be full blown PT software, but it retains the big brother's great way of working with audio. But when they decide to increase the feature set for LE via toolkits, it seems the mentality is, "okay, here's 48-tracks you wanted, but...you also have to buy this other stuff, too." Mind you, I'm in the crowd that says that in MY case, I still consider the toolkits to be a great deal, but I understand the frustration of the current DV owners and I personally am somewhat put off by the lack of options.

I think many are missing the point, or don't want to see the point, that everybody's making. It's not "whining" and complaining, it's being dissapointed with the lack of consideratin it seems Digi is giving us in this situation. Options WITHIN the PTLE world is all some, if not many, of us want. We don't want to leave, but the landlord keeps opening the door and pointing to it.
Peace
Old 03-17-2006, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Quote:
DIAFXMX: "Dissapointment?? I don't understand." [cut]
Yes, you don't understand

full (and over) featured DAWs pricelist:
Nuendo 3: $1,999.99
Logic $999.00
Samplitude Professional: $999.97
Cubase SX 3: $599.99
DP 4.6: $499.97
Sonar 5 (producer edition): $499.97

Amazing Digitoolkits...
DV Toolkit 2 $1,295 + 85$ for PT 7.0. Upgrade
Music Production Toolkit $495 + 85$ for PT 7.0. Upgrade

and still PT does not have PDC.

yes...you don't understand man.

I think you don't understand. Do you know why all those programs have all that stuff? Just so they can say, "We have more than ProTools." And now that they have all of it, who is still the leader in DAWs? A couple of months ago, before you even knew about the MPT, all of those programs were still out, still had all the same "standards" PT didn't...yet now it's a big deal? Just because you have to pay a more than fair share of money for those upgrades you complain about it? I know it seems simple (they have it, so PT should!), but it's not. These LE systems, as you know, are not their full blown out systems. They're their Limited or Lite editions. They can not add certain features to LE because then, what would be the point of going HD? Quality of sound? You can get kick ass sounds these days without breaking the bank. And the funny thing is, besides PDC, and unlimited tracks, HD doesn't have THAT much more. If everytime Digi wants to upgrade LE, everyone that uses it starts to bitch, what's the incentive? Sure a couple of people will leave, but the main thing people use PT for is editing. Not freezing tracks, and a couple of other nuiances that would be nice to have, but there are WORK AROUNDS.

But it doesn't matter, cause PT's editing kills each and everyone of those programs (from personal experience).
Old 03-17-2006, 02:18 PM

The Company should eat it's own Mistakes.
not us Consumer's.

the timing of the plus, was at Holiday Time.

it cost, lots of us users grief, to have to remove someone from our Shopping list..

for what was, a supposedly ?, A Must Have Upgrade!!...

And, With all the Bells, and Whistles..
(we have come to rely on the confidence of you'r word,,,and do appreciate your effort's, for the most part!)

But!

well?... it silenced, most of the Bells, and i haven't walked into any facility, Whistling about the.... Semi-Wreck of a thing!.... yet.?

i am one of the person's that was looking forward, to the 48 tracks,
for some price,
that would be our,... Partially-Due!.. rebate!

For the NON-TOTALLY-FUNCTIONING Plus Update..

the only thing that would be Proper in this situation, would be to let each one of us user's, buy the part of the tool kit/s... that best suit's, each of our need's,

Without all the Crap!!

Just separate,
give us a fair price for each piece,
let us choose,
................ individually,

And, we will help you with your.. financial worries, and in a timely Manner....

Most Definitly$$$$$$$$$$$$

as compared to alienating the whole Bunch of us, and making us a part, of your Mis-calculation's

we didn't mis-calculate sending you!, our money in before the 20th of December, for the so urgent Upgrade...

so we shouldn't be penialized....

we want our Gift's, that you promised Mr.Digi

i could have bought my own gift, at holiday time, had you not forced my hand!!!!

i am not switching,,, just becoming very, very, very concerned!, about my future expenditures $$
especially, when it come's to believing your WORD DIGI!!

STAR NINE ENTERPRISES INC....

Post Extras:
Old 03-17-2006, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
DIAFXMX: "Dissapointment?? I don't understand." [cut]
Yes, you don't understand

full (and over) featured DAWs pricelist:
Nuendo 3: $1,999.99
Logic $999.00
Samplitude Professional: $999.97
Cubase SX 3: $599.99
DP 4.6: $499.97
Sonar 5 (producer edition): $499.97

Amazing Digitoolkits...
DV Toolkit 2 $1,295 + 85$ for PT 7.0. Upgrade
Music Production Toolkit $495 + 85$ for PT 7.0. Upgrade

and still PT does not have PDC.

yes...you don't understand man.

I think you don't understand. Do you know why all those programs have all that stuff? Just so they can say, "We have more than ProTools." And now that they have all of it, who is still the leader in DAWs? A couple of months ago, before you even knew about the MPT, all of those programs were still out, still had all the same "standards" PT didn't...yet now it's a big deal? Just because you have to pay a more than fair share of money for those upgrades you complain about it? I know it seems simple (they have it, so PT should!), but it's not. These LE systems, as you know, are not their full blown out systems. They're their Limited or Lite editions. They can not add certain features to LE because then, what would be the point of going HD? Quality of sound? You can get kick ass sounds these days without breaking the bank. And the funny thing is, besides PDC, and unlimited tracks, HD doesn't have THAT much more. If everytime Digi wants to upgrade LE, everyone that uses it starts to bitch, what's the incentive? Sure a couple of people will leave, but the main thing people use PT for is editing. Not freezing tracks, and a couple of other nuiances that would be nice to have, but there are WORK AROUNDS.

But it doesn't matter, cause PT's editing kills each and everyone of those programs (from personal experience).
Dear friend, I won't but any toolkit because i don't need those features.
But I think that this time Digidesign made a big mistake.
That's why I'm here writing useless words on this forum.

Along with some good features, digi is trinkg to sell me some unwanted plug-ins, some plug-ins I already own, and still I have to use a plug-in (and use 1 of 5 inserts) to compensate for latecy of my UAD-1 cards.

No friend I'm not happy at all with digi.
I love PT but I don't love digi at all.

cheers.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:53 PM

Quote:
No friend I'm not happy at all with digi.
I love PT but I don't love digi at all.

cheers.
DUDE! If you think Digi's trying to pull one over on you,
can I ask you how you feel about WUP?

Digi's a close trusted friend compared to what Waves has been doing!

What Digi is offering in the toolkits is a Value even if you already have some of the plugins.
Wait a couple of months and sell them on ebay!
Old 03-17-2006, 10:32 PM

I agree that Digi is not in the Waves category, but I'm disappointed about them going back on their word.
Old 03-18-2006, 07:18 AM

The only real disappointment is that the kits aren't available yet.