How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2020, 06:16 AM

Default Delay Compensation Warning

Hi all,

I'm getting a notification of Pro Tools not able to perform delay compensation on three tracks.

1. Router is where my mix bus goes for the 2bus processing.
  2. ultraviolet picks it up from Router and goes to my monitors.
  3. boombox picks it up from Router and goes to my Sony boombox.

The culprit is Newfanlged Audio Elevate, which is the last thing on the Router. If I disable this, I have no delay compensation warnings.

I suspect this isn't an issue since I'm not ever coming back into Pro Tools or routing to anything in the mix once it hits the router aux.

So, two questions:

1. Is this hurting anything, and if so what can I do about it?
2. If it is not hurting anything, can I somehow how flag them to remove the delay comp warning? I want that indicator to only show red if there is a real problem, and if I introduce a problem I currently won't notice since the indicator is always red.

thanks to any who can help! :)

James
Old 08-13-2020, 01:35 AM

Default Re: Delay Compensation Warning

Newfanlged Audio Elevate by itself isn't the culprit it just adds too much latency to all the plugins you already have in your Router before or in another plugin chain in your session. It would be the same with Isotope Ozone f.ex.

If it's the very last plugin in your session it's not really causing issues. But your printed master-track will be delayed in relation to the session and of course the monitoring you are listening to.
Old 08-13-2020, 03:49 AM

Same happens with me with same plug in, though as mentioned if it’s last in your chain it doesn’t really matter with the exception that if you are mixing out files to send to someone to add instrumentation to it will be out of time when you import back into your session.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-13-2020, 05:05 AM

Thanks dannyg - that's what was I was thinking. It's annoying to see the red on the transport bar, but I can deal with it. :)
Old 08-13-2020, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apbaudio01 View Post
Same happens with me with same plug in, though as mentioned if it’s last in your chain it doesn’t really matter with the exception that if you are mixing out files to send to someone to add instrumentation to it will be out of time when you import back into your session.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi, welcome to the community. Due to the low number of your posts, this was probably not pre-approved because it was sent from tapatalk. You need more posts go get pre-approval working as it should so bear with us for a moment. For now we need to manually approve.