Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2000, 05:33 AM

Default Blue screen

After moving the AMIII to another slot PTLE makes you authorise the software again. Sometimes I also get the message cannot open io?? ccan't remember the last bit. After changing slots when re-booting I got the blue screen first time then next time the message as mentioned above. If I move it back to the slot it came from it makes me re-autherise but is then OK. I have tried a few experiments with formating a drive and starting from scratch and I still get this problem. It will work with whatever slot I first put it in but seems to remember this and the corresponding IRQ and does not like to change. Once this problem has happened the add new hardware in the control pannel can not be used without bringing up a blue screen although PTLE works OK. I can re-create this fault anytime. Also Once this has happened I can not correct this problem without re-formating and installing win again. The driver or ptle must have some very strange code in it to corrupt this routine in windows.If I change slots after a new installation then all these faults re-appear so it is not a one off. Any idea? By the way there are no conflicts when i do this so this is not the problem. I have PTLE working fine but I don't like what it is doing to my machine.
Old 06-26-2000, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Blue screen

Maybe you shouldnt keep moving your PCI cards around, especially if it works.

Just an idea to avoid headache.

Christian
Old 06-26-2000, 01:50 PM

I know nice idea but I removed my s/b card and needed to swap positions so I could get the AMIII away from sharing with the usb port which I had to disable. When the fault happend I was intrigued to see if it was a one off.
Old 06-26-2000, 03:00 PM

Mark,

Can you give me the information displayed in the blue screen? This will help us track down the source of the problem. I tried but couldn't reproduce it here.

PTLE asking you to re-authorize when you change slots is a known problem. When the software detects a change in hardware configuration (i.e. the AM3 has a different slot number), it deletes and re-creates a bunch of stored persistant data, which unfortunately includes the user's serial number. This is annoying but harmless, and we'll undoubtedly fix it in a future release.

Eric Day
DAE Engineer
Old 06-26-2000, 11:48 PM

I will get this info at some point but I am not too keen at the moment as I am never sure if I can recover the machine.