Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2002, 11:20 AM

Default Doc Queen of Phase, I Invoke Thee

So ok, this friend of mine was laying up kicks, and had this kick with a sinewave boom down underneath it, happens all the time right? Nothing too heavy, everybody does it.
Then this friend plays the kicks together, and it sounds all phazy so his friend who was there also, takes charge - zooms in, and lines them up better.
It still sounds bad. They look at the waves close up. Boom was a good deal lower in freqency. They muddled on as best they could. They knew many before them, themselves included, had laid up multi kicks, and it was good.
Where were they going wrong?
The knew little of phase, and they were alone, cold, and mocked by the elusive seraphim of phatness.

Ok it was me. Duh.
Old 04-29-2002, 04:50 AM

Default Re: Doc Queen of Phase, I Invoke Thee

Oh moosie of great mystery, perhaps the old, 'keyed compressor on the boom track' trick with the comp keyed from the kick channel with very fast attack and release would restore their elusive 'phatness'.
Also, try removing the DJ [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] (see my last reply in: want a gig)