Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2013, 11:00 AM

Default Recording delayed several hundred samples

Is anyone else experiencing this? It doesn't happen all the time...For the life of me, I can't figure it out. Sometimes when I record, it is out of time several hundred samples...
Old 01-10-2013, 12:11 PM

Default Re: Recording delayed several hundred samples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daviskenn View Post
Is anyone else experiencing this? It doesn't happen all the time...For the life of me, I can't figure it out. Sometimes when I record, it is out of time several hundred samples...
Hi,

We would need more info...

PLayback engine settings
what audio interface

delay compensation On and settings
routing? any aux channels in the chain?
plugins on the mix bus or master channel?

Recording from an interface or internal etc

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:18 PM

Using a Symphony i/o. Recording at 1024 buffers 24/44.1 and using the Apogee Maestro for no latency monitoring. Also using the ADAT out from the Symphony to a Hearback monitoring system.
For instance, lets say I have an acoustic track and am singing a vocal...
I would change the acoustic track (or tracks) to ADAT 3-4 to be able to have them on a separate channel from the vocal. The vocal is still going out Line 1-2. I use Line 1 as the record in. Delay compensation is on...which I wouldn't think should be a problem. Everything is in time in the headphones. When I play the recorded track back, it's several hundred samples delayed...Doesn't seem to happen all the time...but I can't figure out what I could be doing to cause this. I'll double check to see if it's happening in Cubase and Logic...don't think it is.
Here is a screenshot...I took this after I started mixing something, so the problem is happening before I put any inserts or busses...It is happening when I have just two mono tracks...listening to one and recording on the other.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:31 PM

Here's another screenshot. I opened a new session, 24/44.1, 1024 buffers. I just recorded claps to a click. The regions on the left are with DLY COMP ON, regions on the right are with it off...so it doesn't look to be DLY COMP. I'll admit, I'm not Captain Timing, but my recordings are all coming in out of time...

Old 01-18-2013, 08:10 PM

So, when I trash preferences, this stops...but it has come back several times...any ideas?
Old 01-29-2013, 08:17 PM

I'm having the same issue...happens when recording a plugin to an audio track.

Would love it if Avid would address this...only happening since upgrading to HDX.

www.advancedrecordingstudios.com