Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2005, 02:43 PM

Default MCDSP...missed?

I had tried to buy the massivepack upgrade for filterbank and MC2000, last week.
I sent the order via fax a lot of times, i sent an e-mail to check the confirmation to their account, but no answer.
Guys have you got the same experience like me?
It's not a good way feeling..
Regards.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:26 PM

Default Re: MCDSP...missed?

Hey Carrado, I believe you're not the only one. I've been trying to get them to send me the authorization (for demoing) for a week now but have not been successful. I recieved an email after my first request and someone emailed me back saying they didn't have proper account name and that they'd get back to me immediately. 4 days later, nothing. This is what is written on their site.

Please allow up to 24 hours for the authorization to show in your account. Demos are issued btween 9AM- 5PM (PST) M-F.

What's up with these guys. I guess they're not in a hurry to make more $$$.

Have you tried reaching them by phone?... (650) 318-0005
Old 02-17-2005, 09:20 PM

Loudnoize,
MCDSP has very good client response. I do know they just released a Windows version less that 2 weeks ago and this probably has taken a quite bit of their time and resources.
IMDB http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0401937/
Like everything in life, there are no guarantees just opportunities.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:11 PM

Thanks for the tidbit and I understand dr sound. I'm just wanna dial into these puppies and experiment. Although, they should have an automatic email authorization response for demoing, even if it is 24 hours later as they mention. I will contact them again.
Old 02-18-2005, 02:23 AM

...5 days are more than 24hs..
I'm waiting..
Old 02-18-2005, 07:04 AM

I've sent my demo request to McDSP this morning.
I'll wait
Old 02-26-2005, 10:24 AM
McDSP

Hello everyone,

it has been a while since I have posted to the DUC, but this topic seems like a good one for me to jump back into.

I'll put it to you straight - if you are having trouble getting a demo for one (or some!) of our products, just let me know directly. My email is [email protected]. I will put it right.

We are working on a new system to automatically distribute demos to users, so the 24 hour wait will be all but elimintated. Such a system is not trivial, but is clearly needed. Thanks for making the posts.

If any of you have other questions, please feel free to contact me directly at [email protected]. And our main number (650 318 0005) is only a few cubes away from me - so you can always get patched through to me too.

Colin McDowell
McDSP
2/26/2005
Old 02-26-2005, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Guys have you got the same experience like me?
Yes. They are famous for not responding to customer e-mails.
Old 02-26-2005, 12:25 PM

I have to defend McDSP here - their response to me has always been swift and excellent. I think Colins response for direct trouble shooting should be sufficient to overcome any issues ... Gosh - what major other plug-in manafacturer gives you such access? And I have to say the more I use their products the higher my love for them goes ... got the Chrome pack 6 months ago and it really is good ...

Ainslie
Old 02-26-2005, 03:01 PM

Don't get me wrong. I think that their plug-ins are good, I actually use some of them (especially FilterBank, despite its automation problems). But they really could improve their skills in replying to their customers' e-mails.

So when some claim that "McDSP has the best tech support" or "It doesn't get any better", that unfortunately is not true. Their support may be great to some, no doubt about that, but not for all.