Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 04-10-2020, 08:35 PM

Default Project won't open - stuck on transferring to cloud

G'day there,

I've been using Pro Tools First for about two months and working on two small projects.

Last Tuesday I closed one of my projects, saved it, then signed out. The 'Please wait for transferring to complete' message showed which countless times before finished transferring in seconds. This time however it kept hanging there and wouldn't finish, even after a couple of hours. When I cancel it and try to download the download icon hangs on 0% in the same way and so I cannot open it. I'm buggered if I know what has happened. I had only put down an acoustic guitar track and edited some kick drum loops. My other project transfers and downloads normally.

I have searched everywhere online for a remedy to this but cannot find anything. If someone out there can help me get out of this jam it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-13-2020, 08:41 AM

Default Re: Project won't open - stuck on transferring to cloud

Any progress with this issue?
Sometimes just logging out of your Avid account in PTF, then logging back in kind of syncs tings up again and will get you past this issue.

System Details
Old 04-13-2020, 05:53 PM

Thanks for replying, Will. Nah still stuck on transferring to cloud. I've logged in and out that many times trying to see if it would right itself but nothing changed. I noticed too that there are no files in the project cashe for this project, only for my other song, so I don't know what has happened...maybe I signed out too quick before it saved properly...I get the feeling that I'm gonna have to delete and start over...Fun!
Old 06-04-2021, 04:02 PM

I've found if you quit PTF before syncing it can cause those issues. Try a dissconnect from your internet whilst at the dashboard window. Then reconnect and see what happens. I've fixed an issue this morning where my projects were not accessible and tried the above and holy moley all good again. It may not work but ya never know.