Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2021, 03:08 AM

Default Dante SRC on MTRX Studio

Hi

Quick question about this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2415AyUIak

I was quite excited to see Dante SRC within DADman, but I can't seem to find the option in MTRX Studio.

Is this feature exclusive to the bigger brother MTRX or is it coming/possible in MTRX Studio too with an upcoming software update? (I'm on 5.4.5 Build 1, that is up-to-date as far as I can see in MyAvid account)
Old 05-10-2021, 03:39 AM

Default Re: Dante SRC on MTRX Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousLullabyz View Post
Hi

Quick question about this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2415AyUIak

I was quite excited to see Dante SRC within DADman, but I can't seem to find the option in MTRX Studio.

Is this feature exclusive to the bigger brother MTRX or is it coming/possible in MTRX Studio too with an upcoming software update? (I'm on 5.4.5 Build 1, that is up-to-date as far as I can see in MyAvid account)
SRC is exclusive to the 128 ch. Dante card for the MTRX (and DAD AX32), and is not available on the MTRX Studio.

Last edited by ntp-jl; 05-10-2021 at 03:40 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old 05-10-2021, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntp-jl View Post
SRC is exclusive to the 128 ch. Dante card for the MTRX (and DAD AX32), and is not available on the MTRX Studio.
Hi Jan

Thanks for your quick reply and clarification.

With that in mind: Is there any workaround for not having to manually switch Dante Virtual Soundcard when switching Pro Tools Sessions between 44.1/48 (DigiLink is Master in DADman) that you know of?
Old 05-10-2021, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousLullabyz View Post
With that in mind: Is there any workaround for not having to manually switch Dante Virtual Soundcard when switching Pro Tools Sessions between 44.1/48 (DigiLink is Master in DADman) that you know of?
I feel your pain. There is no workaround I know of. Perhaps Audinate could extend DVS to follow the sample rate of a designated Dante device (I think I have suggested this to them).

It is aggravated by the fact that (at least on my Mac), I have to use another machine to change the DVS sample rate from Dante Controller.

So these days I just quit my Pro Tools session and change the sample rate in Hardware Setup, to match DVS.
Old 02-04-2022, 03:00 PM

Thanks for the tip on using a different device! Have been struggling with that ever since setting up Dante and missing the Omni's auto SRC mightily....