Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 10:09 PM

Default updates??

hi all, I just did a fresh install on the i Mac (24 inch, dual core), it up dated to 10.4.10 (build 3), which made my eyes pop out in fear. I have to install all of PT again and am now downloading the mac combo installation. I dont have a clue actually, just looked at the download and it said 10.4.9 combo?? the update on the computer is 10.4.10?? what is going on.., can some one tell me what it the correct combo and are the cs updates accumulative .., man this is confusing!

so starting from PT 7.1.1 on the disc.., how do I get to the lates PT updates and mac updates that work with the OS 10.4.10 (I was in time for the 7.1.3 amnesty and have the 7.1.3 update on disc)

I looked on the froum, it said ths is now qualified and directed me to digi updates but the one it downloaded is 10. 4.9 combo

what ahead ache and so little time

I would be very grateful for any info that might clear this up

I did the fresh install because I just got FCP studiop 2

cheers and heres hoping

M:)

I Mac 24 inch screen, tiger 10.4.11, CPU dual core 2.16ghz, 2 gig ram, UB.
PT 7.3.6. M Box2
Old 07-20-2007, 03:24 AM

Default Re: updates??

just want to thank all.., LOL

anyway, it went like this for those who might find themselves in a position of having 10.4,10 OSX without wanting it and happen to have PT LE 7.3.1

I did a fresh install for the OS because I have a heap of new, unused software (get it at student prices while I can), but I updated the computer software and that left me with 10.4.10 tiger.., I installed the PT disc 7.1.1 and of course the computer crashed on starting PT. I then installed PT 7.3.1 and when I clicked on the icon to start PT, it jumped up and down excitedly but nothing at all happened.., not even a crash. I then installed PT7.3.1cs and then at least the computer saw the M Box but still the icon would only jump up and down.., and thats all, no PT.

I then installed the script fix from the same digi page all the updates are and 'hey presto' all is well. havent done any test miles but PT is up and running on Tiger OSX 10.4.10.

thats it folks

I Mac 24 inch screen, tiger 10.4.11, CPU dual core 2.16ghz, 2 gig ram, UB.
PT 7.3.6. M Box2