Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2014, 03:25 AM

Default Video question

Hi guys, its been a while since I posted on here so apologies if there is a separate section for this thread or for PT9 questions. I have been looking through various threads to try and answer my question but in essence I dont have that much time so thought I'd just ask and see what you have to say.

Basically we are filming a karaoke scene and will be filming the singer as well as backing singers, and at some point we will see the karaoke screen with the lyrics and the ball bouncing along the top of them. I want to play this video file back from PT in order to have control over audio sends etc. The problem I have is that tonight they are sending me a DVD with up to 40 video files and they are unsure which one or ones they wish to use for filming, they also are only paying me for the two days (next tue and wed) so i didnt fancy sitting in ALL weekend converting 40 video files when we will only use one, so if theres a way to do it for testing purposes and I know I can just convert the appropriate file once the director has chosen it then Ill be very happy. I wonder if there is a quick way for me to play these files back? Or what problem I should expect to run into when trying to import/convert them?

My next question is about physically getting the video out of PT9. Last time I needed to do this it was an older version of PT and i think i used the firewire port. I have a Mini diplay > HDMI adapter as I am told that HDMI is fine to feed the monitor on set. I just wondered if I can use this method? And will there be any latency or problems between the vid/audio?

Once again sorry if this thread belongs somewhere else. As aforementioned I am running PT9 and my machine is a macbook pro (3 years old with black keys) plenty of RAM and a SSD (os x 10.7.5)

I look forward to any replies

Thanks again guys

Best Wishes

Lloyd
Old 05-02-2014, 06:38 AM

Default Re: Video question

For the fastest answer, you should post this in the Post and Surround section of the forum.