Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 02-01-2012, 11:02 AM

Default brand new eleven rack - amp sims do not work

Hi,
I have purchased a brand new eleven rack. It's version info is as follows:
Version 2.0.1
Build 0.1.5.7

On the box it says that it includes the expansion pack.

The problem with my unit is, the amp simulations do not work. All the other fxs seem to work. However, none of the amplification simulations seems to work (both the old models and new exp models).

In a rig, I change my amp both using the hardware interface, and by using pro tools. It does not make any difference. I put the amp to stand by or on mode, it does not make any difference either.

I try to use eleven rack both standalone with an amp, and connected to my computer. However amp simulations do not work either way.

I am pretty much frustrated by now. I have created a support ticket yet got no answer.
Have called avid support, someone picked up after 20 mins, told me that that right number for eleven rack questions is 6507317100, forwarded me to that line, waited another 20 mins, no body picked up. The worst thing is, I have tried the number he has given to me, and there is no such number. I am fooled.

Pleas ehelp me to resolve my issue, I bought the unit saturday yet have not been able to use it.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:18 AM

Default Re: brand new eleven rack - amp sims do not work

Have you checked the output setting? (long press edit, then scroll to output settings and for now leave it at "Rig out")
Old 02-01-2012, 11:53 AM

Hi Deny, thanks.

I have checked the output settings, it is currently set as "Rig Outputs".

I have all the fx, and cabs working instead of the amps. I think they have done something wrong while installing the exp. There were some other units in the guitar center in new york, we have hooked others up and all had the same problem.

Right now I am again on phone, waiting for a contact for about 30 mins. I am beginning to think that, they have recorded my avid support code and won't pick up the phone for me.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:22 PM

Well both those version numbers you've given are correct. This is very strange indeed. Please tell us was Avid response is? Did you try a reset of the 11 Rack just in case? See below: The only other thing that comes to mind is software corruption that would require a reload, however, that's Guitar Center's responsibility. If that Guitar Center is anything like the one by me it comes as no great surprise that they screwed it up! Anyway, you always have the option to return it for a refund to GC especially if it starts getting to be too much of a hassle!

Reset methods:

1. User Options: Reset Memory
*Resets everything including Rigs to Factory (last installed FW rev)

2. Hold Rev-FX Loop while booting (will stall on boot splash, must reboot again)
*Resets Firmware but does not touch user Rigs

3. Hold Rev-FX Loop-Mod while booting (will stall on boot splash, must reboot again)
*Resets everything just like (1).
Old 02-01-2012, 05:13 PM

i had a similar problem, no amp models working but effects did. also low volume overall. turned out to be the pickup selector switch on my guitar. i toggled it quickly and the sound came on.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:42 AM

thanks sorcerer27, I will try a memory reset. It will not change the firmware level right? It would only take the machine to the state where the latest firmware was installed.

If that does not work, what do you think about installing the 1.0.3 firmware. I guess the exp models will not work after that, but maybe what my unit needs to go back to a working state with 1.0.3, and another exp update?

tanks singtall, we have tried it with different guitars, I do not think it is the switch.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:05 AM

I would not revert back to 1.03 since I'm pretty sure you'll loose the Expansion Pack. The reset won't mess with the Firmware version so give it a shot. See what Avid says. Unless it's something simple I'd just return it to GC and get it elsewhere! BTW what OS/version are you running, and what version of Pro Tools? You are making sure that the amp noise gate isn't turned on all the way on the amps, and that their outputs are at the default 2:30ish position as in the Pro Tools Rig window?