Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2022, 10:49 AM

Default MTRX Studio channel 1 overload

Hey there!

I am having an intermittent issue where, from time to time, about 5-10 minutes after I start up my system my channel 1 starts out putting overloaded digital-sounding hash. ProTools doesn't seem to be generating it, and it persists even after I shut down. I see it metering on the MTRX and in the DADman software. Usually I have to completely shut down and cut power for a 10 count 1 or 2 times it will stop. I have heard that a few other people are having the same problem so I'm not sure if it's my setup/dsp.. maybe a glitch? Anyway I hate it.

Also side note i pretty much have to force quit the DADman software 100% of the time to quit it. Honestly I love to capabilities of the MTRX.. but holy hell the UI is embarrassing.. one would think a 5k IO platform would be more sophisticated...?
Old 05-02-2022, 11:13 AM

Default Re: MTRX Studio channel 1 overload

Is your channel 1 part of your monitoring?
If so, with DADman already open, manually reload the monitor profile (File > Open Profile)
This could be the profile that is supposed to autoload, but reopen it manually.

If you are having DADman lock up issues, give more info: computer model, operating system, version of DADman, firmware of MTRX Studio, and how your networking is set up to communicate between the computer and the MTRX Studio (which ethernet port, network switch, etc?)
Old 05-02-2022, 01:36 PM

Yes channel one is my left channel. The DADman is definitely loading the right .dms and .dmprof

I am able to save them both before quitting, but like i mentioned i pretty much have to force quit it every time

MacPro Rack, 2019
3.2 GHz 16-Core Intel Xeon W
96 GB Ram
3x HDX
MTRX Studio (firmware screenshot included)

Catalina 10.15.7
ProTools Ultimate 21.12.0.97
DADman 5.5.0

I had help setting up the network but it's all ethernet automatic on my computer.. Also there is a Dante-to-blulink converter to add a 17th channel.. but thats not the left channel it's for a .2 BassManagement sub in a 9.6.2 setup.. but this has persisted over a few versions of protools and DADman software..
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 1.35.55 PM.png (18.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-02-2022, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkingduk View Post
Yes channel one is my left channel. The DADman is definitely loading the right .dms and .dmprof
But have you tried manually reloading the dmprof? I can't tell from your response if you've done that. Ignore the auto-load.

I know what it'll say at the top of DADman but there have been some issues (at least 2 of us) where despite it saying it has loaded the correct dmprof, the dmprof loaded in a corrupt state.

Manually loading it has fixed this issue.
Old 05-02-2022, 02:00 PM

With Pro Tools closed, go to DADman > Device List. Find the MTRX Studio, right click on it, choose restart. Wait until DADman shows it is locked again (meaning the restart/reboot of the MTRX Studio is complete.)

When you say "ethernet automatic" I'm guessing you mean the computer network setup in macOS. That's not really my question: how is the MTRX Studio connected physically? Ethernet cable from the Mac goes directly to the MTRX Studio port? Do both the Mac and the MTRX Studio plug into a network switch? Is that network switch managed (a web interface that communicates with it) or unmanaged (dumb -- no configuration)?

Do you use the MTRX Studio for system sounds, etc by directly selecting the MTRX Studio as an output device (or Avid Audio)? Or do you use it strictly for Pro Tools? If you open macOS Audio MIDI Setup, do you see Avid HDX as an option for audio output (this is with Pro Tools closed)?

What is your screen(s) resolution and do you have multiple screens and do you use the default colour for them? (System Preferences > Display > Color) This may seem off-topic but DADman and colour profiles have had issues (locking up, looking like they are frozen) and if you changed the colour profile used for the screen, things would work correctly again. (It has to do with what they use to create the user interface sometimes not liking the color space of the color profile.)