Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2022, 08:23 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2022.4 Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasM View Post
Hi,

Did you manage to test v2022.4 with Mojave and Catalina?
2022.4 working fine on Catalina 10.15.7 on my main system

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 05-29-2022, 09:49 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2022.4 Release - specific "Studio" question

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
What goes for you goes for many. But your post made me wonder if a video slave solution might work for some people. I haven't tried it, don't know how fiddly it is to have multiple video clips, but it might be worth a look - https://non-lethal-applications.com/...5/video-sync-5 . £260 for a perpetual license.

NOTE - the blurb says it is integrated with Ultimate. But it works via Satellite Link which - ah ha - is now in Studio, as of a week ago. Would be worth confirming with them if it looks like a goer.
Thanks for the info..but it's just really a bummer that I would have to find a workaround for something that's been included in pro tools for so many years.

The beauty of the Pro Tools video track is to not have to do this kind of syncing with 'external' type solutions.

I work in post, and back in the day we used to chase tape, followed by digital video recorders, and then finally pro tools got to a point where the video track became the standard. It was the best workflow ever for those who work to picture. Open one Pro Tools save, and everything is exactly where you left it, even all videos.

So for me, I have to spend an additional $60 a month for ONE feature (multiple videos on the video track) with Studio vs Flex; Studio literally has everything I need - surround, multiple automation modes, clip effects, etc.

I just wish they added multiple video support to Studio...I don't think that one thing would change their subscription-based customer's minds on which version they need. There are plenty of benefits for Flex users who choose to go that route.
Old 05-30-2022, 06:17 PM

Mojave
cMP 2010 rx580

PT’s 22.5 (HDX)
Once the system went through some graphic cache purging, 22.5 seems to be running smoothly.
Old 10-11-2022, 04:57 AM

I'm still running 2021 on an old late 2015 iMac with Monterey. It's pretty solid I have to say. I'm tempted to upgrade to the latest 2022 but I've a few projects that won't be finished for a couple of months and worried about the upgrade screwing up. Is it a clean install from 2021 to 2022 or just an incremental upgrade. Apologies if that's a bit of a basic question, any advice greatly appreciated.
Old 01-04-2023, 10:16 PM

Hi, I'm on Big Sur, Intel Mac i7. I have various Waves plugin versions from V10 through to v14.
Waves support just stick to their official line so before I upgrade to PT 2022.4..... has anyone had any major issues with older Waves plugin versions?

Mixer. Knob twiddler. Not an expert.

https://soundcloud.com/paulemotion
Old 01-05-2023, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeMotion View Post
Hi, I'm on Big Sur, Intel Mac i7. I have various Waves plugin versions from V10 through to v14.
Waves support just stick to their official line so before I upgrade to PT 2022.4..... has anyone had any major issues with older Waves plugin versions?
my Waves are fine. why not go to 2022.12?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCw...ogfR_7Q/videos

------------------------------------------------------
PT2023.12, OS X Monterey, Late 2013 MacPro, 6 core, 64 GB RAM, Orion Studio, Slate Raven MTi2, ISA428, ADL600, Distressor, Grace 501, Dimedio, Obsidian, One LA, BAC500, Harrison 32 EQ, UAD2 OCTO, Focal 6 be, Auratones...
Old 01-05-2023, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeMotion View Post
I totally skipped Big Sur and also was told to avoid it after I went to a higher version of OS by Avid. I would upgrade to at least Monterey, which is what I did prior and have been here for a while and a staying here with my new Mac Studio Ultra. I have a lot of Waves stuff for post here and they work just fine with no issues. Sometimes Waves is helpful to work with you to clean out the older wav shell or whatever they thing to remove things that might cause issues. They offered to do that once with me last summer and it was a big help.
My upgrades for example in OS were, Sierra, Mojave, Catalina, Monterey. The others I skipped.

G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 01-06-2023, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gives View Post
I totally skipped Big Sur and also was told to avoid it after I went to a higher version of OS by Avid. I would upgrade to at least Monterey, which is what I did prior and have been here for a while and a staying here with my new Mac Studio Ultra. I have a lot of Waves stuff for post here and they work just fine with no issues. Sometimes Waves is helpful to work with you to clean out the older wav shell or whatever they thing to remove things that might cause issues. They offered to do that once with me last summer and it was a big help.
My upgrades for example in OS were, Sierra, Mojave, Catalina, Monterey. The others I skipped.

G
Thanks for the advice.

Mixer. Knob twiddler. Not an expert.

https://soundcloud.com/paulemotion